Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thumbs up for Bayou Bullets!

gigamortis

If anyone is sitting on the fence about trying the Bayou Bullets, I say go for it. The green coating has solved all my issues I was looking to correct when shooting lead out of my CZ.

Agreed, excellent product, and if you have any questions or need tipsor laod advice

there aren't a whole lot of people that are more more knowledgeable than Donnie Miculek

I just posted this in another thread, but it bears repeating.

I almost ran out of bullets waiting for my BBI order to ship, so I sent Donnie an email asking for a price list and an estimated ship date. He replied within 10 minutes and told me to call him...at 7:30PM...last Sunday night! The bullets were on my porch on Wednesday.

• 1 month later...

Wwb makes 142 in a glock 34.

Most people settle in the low to mid 130s, from what I see.

Thanks for the heads up - I'm assuming it would probably be a touch lower out of a 17 barrel then (if barrel length on a pistol corresponds to that of how it works for rifle). Definitely gives me a starting point for how I should develop my reloads. Either way - I'm sure there's a noticeable difference between felt recoil on a 142 PF than something in the low 130s.

It makes 141 out of my G17-- in the same (exact) conditions as spanky's numbers.

130 PF definitely decreases felt recoil-- especially if you start using a heavier bullet. The general consensus is that the heavier projectiles at the same PF are better for steel. If you're like me and spent a lot of time with "snappy" 115's, you may find that going too heavy and slow won't suit your shooting style. 147's at 131ish have me waiting on the slide to cycle between shots.

As to your question about leading a Glock barrel-- I shoot with a guy who has never had problems with Bayou's in his G34, at all. (Thousands upon thousands of rounds, and so confident that he lets his 12 year old shoot it in practice and matches alike.) BUT... that's one case, and if you decide to go that road, understand the full scope of the issue and that your gun may not behave the same as someone else's. If you give it a shot, you're best advised to fire 25 round strings and check for leading afterwards-- for as long as it takes to make you comfortable. When the pressure starts to build in that octagonal barrel from fouling, it spikes VERY quickly-- a problem that will be magnified by using a fast powder, as so many 9 Minor loads do. When you start out, be VERY CAREFUL.

Note that if you want some pretty good reading on this subject, The Glock in Competition book (sold in Brian's store) has a great section dedicated specifically to it.

• 2 years later...

Chris, send him an email and he will send you all the information. My responses from him have been same day from day one.

Donnie has been very good about getting back with me as well, I've ordered from him 2 or 3 times in the last 2 months and I am going to shoot him an email this evening for another order.

bayoubullets@yahoo.com

225-324-4501

Greg

I can not say enough good about Donnie's service and communication. The man is a mad scientist and provides a great product. The only complaint I have is my Mailman now hates me.

Edited by Rokihsa