Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NO DIVISION FILLED OUT ON SCORE SHEET

sac

See, I just don't get this. We have a paper signin sheet. Competitors walk up to registration and fill in their name, uspsa number, DIVISION, class, PF, category and a few unrelated things. Someone sits there and watches each person do this and assists with any questions, and takes their money. We then register competitors in ezws from THAT signin sheet. No fuss, no muss, none of this "what division is he in" nonsense.

You're running palms, however. And you register your walkins as open minor, even though they likely are not shooting that division, and (correct me please if I'm misunderstanding) they don't have to check in at a single registration station. (What, do they just walk up to a stage and announce themselves?) And during and after the match, you have to run down all those walkin entries who actually show scores and find out what they really shot?

So in a nutshell, because you're using this technology, you have this problem that those of us using paper do not? :rolleyes: No offense, it just seems ironic.

Edited by wgnoyes

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, I just don't get this. We have a paper signin sheet. Competitors walk up to registration and fill in their name, uspsa number, DIVISION, class, PF, category and a few unrelated things. Someone sits there and watches each person do this and assists with any questions, and takes their money. We then register competitors in ezws from THAT signin sheet. No fuss, no muss, none of this "what division is he in" nonsense.

You're running palms, however. And you register your walkins as open minor, even though they likely are not shooting that division, and (correct me please if I'm misunderstanding) they don't have to check in at a single registration station. (What, do they just walk up to a stage and announce themselves?) And during and after the match, you have to run down all those walkin entries who actually show scores and find out what they really shot?

So in a nutshell, because you're using this technology, you have this problem that those of us using paper do not? :rolleyes: No offense, it just seems ironic.

No, there's a paper registration form as well. Some of this would go away with better trained registration folks (Sorry bucko, you can bring the form back when you've filled it out completely), and some of this appears to be compounded by volume -- ~100 shooters trying to wrap up registration/payment in ~ 1 hour....

Money's got to be collected, folks need to be squadded, some want to be squadded together, we need to ensure that squads have suitable ROs, etc....

Bill,

Everyone has the opportunity to register online. They get a link to our registration form that they can fillout, print and bring with them to registration. Walk-ons and those that forget their forms at home get to fillout their sheet when they show up. Then there is the squad sheet that they can make a note on if they have remembered that they forgot. We have two people handling registration. They look over the papers, collect the money and take squad requests. Occasionally they miss one. Personal responsibility. Fill out the form. Don't bitch, ask nicely. With registration and squadding of 70+ shooters in under an hour we have maybe 20-30 seconds to spend per shooter with their paperwork.