Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Quick Skill Test

Ben Stoeger

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am printing this for use in our club sponsored practices, now I am mathmatically challenged but if a Gm says 35 seconds anyone have the skills to break that down into M, A B C D?

Edited by rupie

O.K. I will go first.

62.48, Miserable....... :blink:

3 Mike's, 2 weak hand and one strong hand. The first string was slooooow as I did it cold, no warm ups or practice draws, I just put the gun in the holster and hit the start button.

Edited by old506

Quick calc's

IF 35 sec = 100% 50 rounds all A's 250 points / 35 sec = Hit Factor 7.14

GM 36.8 sec = 95% This or quicker is GM HF 6.79

M 41.1 sec= 85% This or quicker is M HF 6.08

A 46.7 sec = 75% HF 5.35

B 58.8 sec = 60% HF 4.25

I don't really think this one will break down just based on % like that... maybe it will though.

Can we get people to post their class as well?

Don't feel bad if you suck on this one, it isn't supposed to be easy.

I ended up dropping a lot of points on this one.. like 10 Cs... way more than you would want to in a match.

Range day will be this Saturday if the weather cooperates. I have some various testing to do with my 3gun gear and this will be a nice easy test of pistol skills. Ill be running this with a new Limited gun soon as well.

Ran it quick, first rounds out of the gun. I soon realized that I was worrying too much about accuracy and not time. Had a huge mag bobble on one of the mag change strings, but I kept all times as they happened.With C and D deductions, 49.62 A class Limited.

This was kind of an eye opener as far as how slow WHO, and 25 yrd strings are for me.I am pretty confident that a warmed up run should yield low 40's. Thanks Ben.

Just a reminder guys, I kind of envisioned this as something you do once a month or so.. and you shoot it cold. It is just kind of a way to get a fix on you current shooting skill level. If you practice it and try to achieve the best score possible on it, (totally legitimate to do that BTW)then that will change the way you approach this thing.

So what are you guys thinking in terms of a score on this deal?

For production gunners:

40 or below GM

45 or below M

54 or below A

62 or below B

70 or below C

Above 70.01 D

Totally arbitrary... I feel like Bill Wilson right now.

Those are just current guesstimates.. more data would be helpful.

Those sound pretty close. I ran it today and went 51.72 and focused far too much on accuracy. I think turning up the wick would have yielded a faster overall time. I'm currently a Expert in IDPA and run with the fast B's and average A's but am "u" in USPSA.

First Run (cold)

54.8 raw time

33 A

1 B

13 C

2 D

1 M

59.9 total time (I'm sure somebody is going to tell me I add up points down wrong.)

Second Run (right after first run)

49.77 raw time

33 A

1 B

15 C

1 D

53.37 total time

I'm a B in Production

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...