Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OpenDot's transition from U to GM

OpenDot

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Going insane...next Dr appt aug 8th, hopefully I get cleared to shoot.

Passed my renewal for USPSA/NROI RO exam today with a 95% 1st submission! I'm still an official Range Officer. \m/

Edited by OpenDot

• 1 month later...

Do it brother. Hang tough and dryfire, dryfire, dryfire! Heck, go shoot, JUST NO RUNNING!!!!

This is just a blip!!

Thanks brother, i've been slacking on the dryfiring as depression has set in a little. Another female broke my heart as well to add to the pile of shit i've swallowed all year. Been a long year but i'm pulling out of this funk i'm in and taking it out on the Targets!!!!!!!!!!! :angry2:

Time to dryfire till my finger falls off!

Yay back to shooting again!!!!!!!!!!!

http://youtu.be/wAmtgXZ24Uk

shot Tuesday Night steel at rio came in 63rd out of 160+ shooters. Shot thursday night steel at PRG and came in 23rd out of 83.

Week 1 back shooting, what i've noticed so far...

I suck!!

Dryfiring helped while i was recovering on my draw fire...and that's it. My grip sucks, target transitions suck, splits suck, arm extension sucks, balance sucks, trigger control REALLY SUCKS!! still afraid that the knee isn't going to be there when I take off running. Hell i almost forgot the damn range commands and i'm an RO.

So....I have to spend as much time at the range as possible, 7 months off from shooting killed me, High Desert Classic is next month in NM, i'm shooting C Production..thank god because if I shoot B Open..i'll be last for sure.

Day 3 back shooting:

USPSA Match

Much better today, I took my time and called my shots (except for stage 2 LOL) grip and trigger control were much better tonight. My movement was better tonight as well as I had a little faith in my knee, no pain afterwards...gotta say Doc did a great job.

http://youtu.be/XL14Y1-cmrw

Saturday is another USPSA Match, going to crank up the gas a little bit more...

• 2 weeks later...

Dry fired today, reloaded ammo and got my wagon cart for NM to save the back and knee.

Shooting Steel thursday, rio sat or sun, uspsa tue night, steel next thursday and leave friday for NM High Desert Classic

I may shoot open B instead of producion in C.

We'll see.....

more to come..

4th in GM at PRG Steel Match

http://youtu.be/BqzlsmZjkfU

Not feeling the CZ Shadow at all, selling that thing. Just can't get used to it. Spoiled by my Open Guns.

Shooting Open this weekend in NM in B

I'm gonna get a holster and go back to the tupperwear G platform for Production.

CZ Dislikes... DA 6lb trigger pull, long reset, shitty rear sight for my eyes. I know everybody loves these shadow customs, I can't hit anything with it!!!! :angry2:

Switched back to my trusty Banshee and cut my times in 1/2.....

Minor sucks

Reloading sucks

Iron sights suck..

:roflol:

9/27/2012

my times...

Davis, Randy OPEN GM 12.75 15.65 16.37 7.62 - 52.39

Davis, Randy LIMITED D 14.09 23.69 32.00 21.46 - 91.24

:surprise:

I didn't even watch the CZ video...delete!!!!

Heading to NM in the morning

High Desert Clasic was awesome, shot a pretty shitty match, had a couple mikes...no no shoots or procedurals or DQ though, got swept on stage 10 by squad 10 and almost shit my pants though...holy hell!!!

had a great time though, never seen stages like that but i guess 7 months of no shooting and 3 weeks training I couldn't do any better.

Metal!!!

After a lot of thought sinse the match, I have requested to be moved back to C Open as I can't run and have physical limitations with my left knee and 6 screws in my right ankle. It makes sense for me to do this as did everybody I discussed it with. I can't run with B shooters right now as they have a physical advantage. C class is where I should be.

After a lot of thought sinse the match, I have requested to be moved back to C Open as I can't run and have physical limitations with my left knee and 6 screws in my right ankle. It makes sense for me to do this as did everybody I discussed it with. I can't run with B shooters right now as they have a physical advantage. C class is where I should be.

C Class move down approved, at least I can be competitive at Nationals now instead of getting smoked in B because I can't run yet