Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI BLOW UP

Well good for you. Now get a quote from them and send it to PMC. This is oviously their fault and STI should be compensated for what they did.

Exactly...

Glad somebody stepped up and took care of your gun. Congrats! :cheers:

I am not trying to start a debate, but when I sent the gun to STI they said no way it is an ammo problem call PMC. I asked them to send the barrel out to be rockwell hardness tested. I didnt hear back from them for weeks, I called them to ask them to send me my parts back and they said they decided to fix the gun.

Maybe the Barrel was bad and that is why they changed there mind and it wasn't an ammo problem.

Either way I don't care I am just happy that the gun is fixed. I am very happy with both companies STI fixed the gun and PMC replaced the rest of my ammo.

Ben

Edited by motowrecker121

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad this worked out for you, honestly it's what I would've expected from STI in the first place, they did the right thing and while it may have cost them a little now, how they handled your issue makes it more likely that I or maybe some others will buy their products and support them in the future, it's good kharma and it means a lot.

I know the issue could've been the PMC ammo and may have had nothing to do with STI, but IMO it's a stretch for any gun manufacturer to put the burden of fighting that battle on their customer when he or she when shooting factory stuff is pretty much playing it about as close as can be expected to the letter of what most gun warrantys ask owners to do.

Thumbs up for STI after all...

(that said, this thread could've been an STI-love-fest from the start if they'd just stepped up to the plate when it first happened....)

• 3 weeks later...