Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Multiple holster review video?

Bsbllrooster

So I'm still on the fence as to whether of not to spring for a race style holster (ghost, DAA, CR speed, etc.) or if I should just keep it simple and get a bladetech DOH (the same holster I use for production). My major qualm is that I don't know exactly how some of the race holsters retain the gun, and as such I am having a difficult time making an educated decision as to which holster I should buy. Is there a video somewhere that demonstrates the retention mechanisms of said race holsters? I've searched the forum quite extensively but to no avail. I currently have an offer on a older Ghost model that utilizes a pin. It seems that the general consensus is that this version is a little more "trusted" with retaining the gun as opposed to the newer ghosts?? Is this assumption correct? I realize that I will have to drill a hole in my trigger guard to use this holster, and I have no problem with that. Any opinions? Any video recommendations?

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/user/gunrobot#p/u/11/_I2DPWLo87A

Ok, it's for a revolver, but it got great retention with a pistol aswell.

I use it with my CZ Shadow and I've never felt worried that the gun would fall out or such.
When locked, it's rock solid and when unlocked it still holds the gun well yet got a nice smooth release :)
I had the DAA pdr low ride before and I do Not regret buying the RM :)

I have a DAA Racemaster and I think if you search Youtube for Saul's videos, there will be a few dedicated to this holster including fitting/modification tips.

The RM uses a sliding block arrangement that is cut/milled for the specific trigger guard (i.e. 1911, glock, s_i, etc...) and the block sits inside a replacable insert. The delrin/polymer insert sits inside a machined aluminum frame and you may purchase additional inserts so that you can switch inserts and use the same frame for different guns.

It took a little fitting for my guns, but like it. I have 1911 and S_I inserts.