Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
01G8R

Open Gun

I've been running this Open Gun that I built for the last couple months. Most of the build is detailed in my blog, but I haven't shown the finished product. It is just parkerized at this time, but I might hard chrome it in the future. I'm using 8.6gr of Silhouette with MG 115 JHP bullets for 171 power factor. Specs are as follows:

STI Frame

Caspian Govt Slide Cut to Commander Length and Lightened

KKM Barrel

Bedell Titanium Comp

EGW Internals

STI Long Trigger

EGW Guide Rod Plug

STI Guide Rod

Aftec Extractor

SV Mags

IMAG00351.jpg

IMAG00401.jpg

IMAG00431.jpg

IMAG00441.jpg

IMAG00461.jpg

IMAG00471.jpg

Edited by 01G8R

nice looking blaster, glad I'm on broadband, some of those pics are big!

No racker? Any trouble trying to rack/clear the slide? pinch from the back or are you able to grip over the sight?

Thanks for the comments. Sorry about the picture size. I'll try to get that corrected. I haven't found that I need a racker. I just pinch it from the back. Light weight was a key for me when building this. I started shooting a Trubor in Open and then went to a custom open gun that was much lighter and I liked the feel much better. This one is just a little lighter than my last gun and it feels really good to me.

I have another Open Gun on the bench right now (clone of the one above) and I finished a Limited Gun a couple weeks ago that I will try to get pics of. Thanks.

Thanks for the comments. Sorry about the picture size. I'll try to get that corrected. I haven't found that I need a racker. I just pinch it from the back. Light weight was a key for me when building this. I started shooting a Trubor in Open and then went to a custom open gun that was much lighter and I liked the feel much better. This one is just a little lighter than my last gun and it feels really good to me.

I have another Open Gun on the bench right now (clone of the one above) and I finished a Limited Gun a couple weeks ago that I will try to get pics of. Thanks.

When you say lighter, do you mean lightened slide? What # recoil spring is running in it?

Pro-Pain

It is overall lighter than the last gun I was shooting. Most of the weight difference came out of the slide. I prefer a lighter gun than most. I'm running a 10 pound recoil spring. I tried 9, 10, 11, 12 pound springs and I preferred the 10 pound.