Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

shells not coming out of magazine when cycling

sideshowbob

I am having problems with shells not coming out of the magazine tube when the gun is cycling. I believe the problem lies with the shell stop not disengaging. This problem is not consistent. It will occur randomly regardless of how many shells are in the magazine tube. When I manually cycle the action, the shell stop appears to be disengaging correctly.

This occurs when I manually cycle the rounds. I have not tested this under live fire conditions, but I do not think it should make a difference.

I have taken apart the gun and done a thorough cleaning. This did not work, and nothing appears to be broken.

Has anyone ever come across this problem? What did you do to fix it.

Help.

I am running an FN SLP

Edited by sideshowbob

Here is your problem.

I am running an FN SLP

Seriously though check the magazine spring length first. My Benellis run great at 11-14" sticking out of the very end of the Nordic Components tube then they start to do what your seeing at 10" sticking out of the tube. Everytime that starts happening to me it's because I run it short for easier loafing and it gets compressed from practicing reloads a lot.

Edited by jtischauser

I am having problems with shells not coming out of the magazine tube when the gun is cycling. I believe the problem lies with the shell stop not disengaging. This problem is not consistent. It will occur randomly regardless of how many shells are in the magazine tube. When I manually cycle the action, the shell stop appears to be disengaging correctly.

This occurs when I manually cycle the rounds. I have not tested this under live fire conditions, but I do not think it should make a difference.

I have taken apart the gun and done a thorough cleaning. This did not work, and nothing appears to be broken.

Help.

I am running an FN SLP

I have seen the same thing happen with my brand-M shotgun. The gun has worked flawlessly in live fire. If you are using dummy rounds, the rims may be getting beat up and causing the problem. I have heard a few other folks see the same thing with used dummys. Check the stuff as suggested above but do go to the range and try it.

Later,

Chuck

Help.

I am running an FN SLP

I have seen the same thing happen with my brand-M shotgun. The gun has worked flawlessly in live fire. If you are using dummy rounds, the rims may be getting beat up and causing the problem. I have heard a few other folks see the same thing with used dummys. Check the stuff as suggested above but do go to the range and try it.

Later,

Chuck

This!

I have retired a number of dummy rounds for this exact same problem.

It was the dummy rounds. I brought the gun to the range today and manually cycled live rounds (I don't want to do this in my house). The live rounds worked flawlessly. I then went through my dummy rounds and removed the bad ones. I had just bought the dummy rounds 2 weeks ago. I might have to return them.

Thanks for your replies.