Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Salient Arms Glock "Tier One" Package

carbon9

Hi, I have been looking at the Salient Arms Glocks and am starting to develop a weird fixation on them which I am sure will end with me purchasing one just to find out.... Part disbelief at the price which is then tempered by how well my Salient shotgun runs. Part pure fascination with the idea of how far can you take a Glock. Kinda like taking a Honda Civic and giving it 400hp instead of just buying the Audi RS4 which is the same price after all the mods. Does it shoot like a $2500 gun? So how does it shoot in comparison to a stock Glock and then in comparison to any other $2500 STI/SVI/CZ etc type limited gun?

Thank you.

2500 dollars are you ****** kidding me? for 2500 it should clean your house and give you a blowjob. My 35 is great out the box runs like a clock and is faster then I will ever be. I did add a stormlake barrel and a jp magwell the barrel to shoot lead (I am cheap) and the magwell mostly for looks. 2500 dollars :roflol: . this is just my opinion, and I could be wrong. this is my 35 got about 800 in it.IM003109.jpg

Edited by usmc1974

Love how people dog putting 2k into a glock but say nothing about 2k or more into STIs, ARs, etc.

To each their own, why be judgmental, rude and insulting over something that has literally no effect on you or your life. Live and let live and all that jazz.

Edited by spanky

Mainly because the 2011 is a much more expensive gun to begin with than a glock. A box stock 2011 runs about a grand more than a glock does. There is also much more fitting and work involved in the 2011/1911 guns.

Honestly that gun there, is a pretty good deal. 975 in parts alone, plus the price of the gun, plus the machine work on the slide and chrome.

Trigger with striker 250

Magwell 80

Ti Safety Plunger 20

Guide Rod with spring 60

Mag release 35

Pin Kit 15

KKM 170

Grips 10

Ext slide lock/release 40 (with the chrome)

Base pads 20

Sight 275

Thank you all for your feedback, speculation, internet opinions, etc... I think only one person has responded who has actually handled one(thank you) and he isn't a Glock person. Neither am I, which is one of the many reasons I am curious. So I guess I will break down and just get one to end my curiosity. I don't see this as any different then a budget AR, 1911 or CZ that has begun life as a bare bones budget firearm and after trying 5 different triggers, 3 sets of sights, new barrels, grips and paying 5 gunsmiths to work on it, it ends up costing far more then $2500. If I don't like a top of the line Glock I will never have to wonder about them again. One more chapter closed due to actual personal experience, whether I like it or not, well worth the money. I'll post pics and feedback in a couple of weeks. :cheers:

I feel cheated, I didn't get a blowjob with my $2500 CZ either, or an "operator" card :roflol:

That picture is just funny.

If you ever give more then a 1000 for any glock it should look like this.

gfhgfghg.jpg

I'm more of a 3M man myself, Scotch is overrated :goof:

I will have you know 3M is only 3 mils and Scotch is 3.478 :roflol:

• 2 years later...

Hey man I am looking at getting this done to my Glock 32 did you ever buy one? If so can you tell me what you thought? From what I have found there is no one else that does work close to this. Oh and for all the dumbasses who know nothing about this but felt the need to talk shit on it. They work on 1911's as well as 2011's. And if you message them they will telll you all they do. I agree that there is no difference between buying a bare bones gun and turning it into a workhorse no matter the brand. And I believe Tier 1 is a refference to what it is in the military, tier one means it gets the most funding same story here and generally a byproduct of getting more funding means a better working machine. Oh and fyi a Glock 34 Tier 1 weighs less than a stock 17 with better parts and a match barrel.

Not going to lie, i think their slide work looks pretty cool. Am i going to spend 2500+ to buy one? NO. It'd be nice if they explain what kind of work they actually do on their guns that sets them apart other then the fancy artwork.

Tier 1- slide lightning, ball nose front and back, 90degree the top, striker and lower spring, trigger group, spring kit and bar, warren sights, Tin pin set

Tier 2- less lightening, tier 2 trigger, grip modes,

Tier 3- polished and tuned, 5.5 lbs tigger, grip modes

Just some of the differences they offer between the packages. They have spent a lot of time and resources to fine tune a great product. They don't just make cuts in the slide to look cool but to have a functional purpose to them. The parts aren't just randomly put on but tested and evaluated to get a good end result. There is nothing wrong with a stock Glock, they just made more improvements to it. Feel free to call them and they will go in-depth with you about the various tiers and why they did what they did. These tiers aren't for everyone but some will like it. IMO they have spent a lot of time on R&D with their products from the Glocks, M2's to the LVOA rifles.