Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

easy loader?

kschwan

Yes, it's legal. There are potential issues with the installation however, and many feel that the enlarged button on the 1100CM fulfills the same purpose adequately...

Run a search --- there were some relatively recent discussions about EZ Loaders, their issues and installation/tuning...

I installed an easy loader on my 11-87. They work, but they must be tuned just right.

As important to fast loading is that the tube be smooth and rounded off. You can tear substaintal amounts of skin off on some of the sharp corners.

If you want to load really fast, PRACTICE! that is the key, you can load a stock gun faster with practice than you can a trick gun without practice. If you are not real big, you also might either trim the stock about 3/4" or get a junior length stock.

If you are adding an extended mag tube, you can do two things, you can drill out the buttons, or you can use a mandrell and hammer them flat, that way you can always go back to a short tube later. It also makes for smooth feeding.

Some also suggest a 7 round mag tube sping in the 8 as it is easier to load and also the stainless steel follower in place of the plastic one.

YMMV

Jim

IF and that is an important word, IF you install the easy loader correctly and make sure the timing is correct, it works great. IF you don't then the bolt will either not lock back or will fall closed if you look at it wrong. It does speed up loading, but if you practice, practice, practice with out it, you will be as fast or faster than someone that has one and does not practice.

JIm

Yeah, I know exactly squat about 3-gunning, but based on what I've seen at the range recently, if you don't have an Easy Loader or it's equivalent in Limited, you're going to be several seconds behind the pack on reloads here shortly.

I'll leave it at that.

• 1 month later...

I posted elsewhere about fitting an easyloader to my 1187 turkey gun a couple of months ago.

I thought I had it tuned properly, but the gun is definately less reliable since the addition.

I was lucky enough to shoot a JP open 1100 on the weekend, and I noticed that they had cut the easyloader right back almost to the bend.

I'm wondering if anyone knows why? Is it for reliability, or is it to do with the use of Tec Loaders?

P.D.

Phil,

If you're referring to trimming the forks back, I believe I read about someone doing that to tune the EZLoader for 100% reliable operation ---- and apparently removing some weight from the front end of the loader accomplished that....

Have Benny work on it. Install it and trim it back a bit to avoid a little thumb chewing. Makes things really easy on the thumbs as well as loading.

Rich

Since Phil's from one of the lands down under, shipping charges might be kinda extravagant to send it to Benny.....

.....unless Benny has a clone servicing the souther hemisphere?

• 1 month later...

I've been having trouble with my 1187 ejecting. I opened the ports, and installed a new seal, and totally cleaned and lubed it.

Would the ez loader be the culprit??

I took it to a Remington gunsmith.

It appears that the ejecter is rounded off.

I don't think I have 1,000 rounds through it.

It looks like the only way I'm going to be able to get it to run in time for the DPMS 3 gun match, is to build it back up with a welder, and re-shape it with a Dremel tool.