Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPhone 4. Car charger. AUX Connector From the 30 pin port

SteveU

Basically, I've read sound output is best from the 30 pin on the bottom of the iPhone rather than the headphone jack, and my car has a 3.5 auxiliary jack (like a headphone jack) so I don't need an FM transmitter.

Does anyone have a device that does this, or read about one I could get? I've been searching on the internet, found something called Kensington Liquid AUX, but can't tell if it is currently being made, or iPhone 4 compatible.

Anyone? I really don't care about using it as a phone. Just want to play my music.

Thanks! :cheers:

I can't imagine you'd actually be disappointed by the sound quality going headphone to aux using a standard M to M 3.5mm

True. You're probably right. However it can't charge. That's the other part. And when I've tried hooking up both the charger and the headphone to aux, the charging seems to override the headphone sound. I think. It's been awhile but I'll try it again.

With the Pocket Dock (above) is there a way to go from the USB to the power jack to charge in a car? I know the Apple cord can go USB to standard AC for charging in the house. Nevermind! Found it. I may try this one

Thanks for the ideas so far - keep 'em coming, please :D

Edited by Surge