Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster for P30

Genghis

I have a friend who has ordered an H&K P30, with the LEM trigger (V.1) in 9mm. He needs a holster for general use, primarily competition but also for carry. He has just started shooting in pistol matches, including USPSA, IDPA, and Steel Challenge. I suggested a Kydex belt holster with no retention device. He'll also need mag pouches. Any suggestions?

I have a Bladetech SRB for my P30L. The gun fits well and is comfortable to wear all day at the range. I use the same double mag pouches for my P30 and Glock 35, the screws just need to be tightened down some for the HK.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a blade tec belt holster for my P30L for IDPA use. for carrying, i stick it in a Crossbreed Super tuck IWB holster. both are very comfortable, but if your looking to OC i would definitely get some sort of retention.

• 1 month later...

How do you compare your p30l to your glock 35. Two pistols I am on the fence about. (either in 9 or 40).

Not the person you were asking, but I shot a 34 for years before I picked up a P30L. I'd say the only thing the P30 has over the G34 is a more comfortable grip. Other than that, it's shorter, sits higher in the hand than a Glock, has very few modification options, has an overly-heavy trigger from the factory and costs twice as much. But it is very comfortable to shoot.

• 3 weeks later...

Both of my P30s (L and standard) have the LEM trigger installed and this makes it leagues better than my Glock 34. Also, the interchangeable grips make things better as well for me.

Other than that, they are both very reliable from the first round on.

• 2 weeks later...

I use a bladetech belt holster made for a USP 9mm for my P30-L....just had to cut out the bottom as the barrel and slide is .24 " longer than a USP. Works good. retains it well.

I actually had a SPeedsec made for a USP trigger guard,...and then cut the trigger guard wider in the holster to work with my P30-L. VERY easy to fall out unless it is locked. If you know the Speedsec, it is very easy to unlock it on the draw anyway.