Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger SR 1911

hankfan79

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Website also mention a "Swedged link pin" and Titanium Firing Pin.

Hope the internals are top notch. I will definately buy one of these. :cheers:

This is going to crush the STI Spartan in .45ACP

Edited by hankfan79

Titanium Firing Pin.

Thats gun manufacture for lets not put any POS safeties but still make it Cali drop legal. Its what Springfield does. They put the light FP and a heavy FP spring so it won't go boom on the drop test. Then we get them and pull out the Ti pin for a steel one and go play!

Titanium Firing Pin.

Thats gun manufacture for lets not put any POS safeties but still make it Cali drop legal. Its what Springfield does. They put the light FP and a heavy FP spring so it won't go boom on the drop test. Then we get them and pull out the Ti pin for a steel one and go play!

Yea, I don't get this either. I thought a ti pin would reduce lock time?

Titanium Firing Pin.

I'll take reliable ignition with a steel pin any day over what little "reduced lock time" you MIGHT get with a TI pin. Plus I've never been able to out run a 1911 and that would be all your trying to do with a TI pin is to make it fire quicker and I just don't see it happening.

I haven't actually got to play with one yet but just the simple fact they didn't add safeties to it has my attention. MSRP of 800$ is about right. If it shoots and has good customer service from Ruger I don't see a problem.

I don't know what this 1911 offers than many others do not- but I am intrigued! I wish Ruger had used stainless for the small parts. I do not care for the black controls. But, other than that it looks like a nice handgun. Is the warning on the dust cover laser etched? Do you think it could be bead blasted off?

It looks like it's reasonably dehorned. Is the front of the slide sharp?

Thank goodness Ruger did not add the useless and dangerous front slide serrations. I have a friend that blew off half of his finger when his hand slipped. No he should not have had his finger on the trigger.

Thank goodness Ruger did not add the useless and dangerous front slide serrations. I have a friend that blew off half of his finger when his hand slipped. No he should not have had his finger on the trigger.

Does that make the trigger useless and dangerous too?

Titanium Firing Pin.

I'll take reliable ignition with a steel pin any day over what little "reduced lock time" you MIGHT get with a TI pin. Plus I've never been able to out run a 1911 and that would be all your trying to do with a TI pin is to make it fire quicker and I just don't see it happening.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about reliability with the titanium firing pin. My Limited gun is a Para 14-45, and I installed a titanium FP shortly after I bought it (in 1995!). I've shot it an awful lot, and I've never had a FTF with the titanium pin. I also have a Springfield Armory Loaded 1911, with its stock titanium FP, and also no FTF's. Not saying that it hasn't happened to somebody somewhere, but I just haven't seen it.

Now as for its possible competitive advantage - the firing quicker, I'm with you on that. I can't imagine the micro-mini-second that's saved by titanium really making much difference in accuracy.

It's interesting to see them finally catching up. Years ago I wondered why S&W and Ruger hadn't jumped in the 1911 pool.

The SR series has been a big improvement over the P345, and light years beyond their previous semiauto guns, but this one is pivotal. It could restore my faith that Ruger can build something other than revolvers and rifles. If they get it right, that is.

Does it use a Koenig hammer? I can't watch the videos at work.

Pretty sure it doesn't. Looks like their own design. I've noticed a lot of companies make Commander-ish hammers for their own 1911s.