Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Graham Smith

My Limited to Open Conversion Project

Well, I've decided that before the year is over, I've got to dabble with Open division. Here is the plan:

I shoot a G35 in Limited. I'm going to get a stripped G22 slide and a Jager kit (with a CMore STS) to go with it and shoot Open .40 (and yes, I know 9mm gives me two or three extra rounds - it doesn't matter that much right now).

The G35 has a Vanek kit installed and I can move the striker and stuff between the two easy enough.

My first inclination is to get a Lone Wolf slide. Any reason why I should not?

As to a 170mm mag extension, Taylor is about the only one I know of.

I should be able to get everything for around $800 (excluding a different holster).

I figure this will get me started and I'll see if I like it well enough to perhaps move up the food chain a bit.

I've had better results using the CCF slides (believe it or not)! These are 4140 instead of stainless, amd the tolerances seem to be very good with no extraction issues in my experience. I do increase the extractor tension by using a thicker bearing. I recommend stock slide if you can get one.