Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Revolver for IDPA/USPSA?

skdmrklcy

I'm sure there will be some disagreement but I can't imagine that most people could be completive with a non-moon clip setup when competing against those that have it.

I am just getting started with my 4" 646 but I can see that I am going to really like this setup. I had a 610 and liked it but I felt it was unnecessarily heavy.

taptap, yep we got a disagreement, except that "most people" will have to work harder to be as competitive with speedloader guns. It is just a longer learning curve. And "IF" you are luckiy enough to get a lot of guys classified in the same class, moonclipped or not one will be competitive in that class. You don't have to have a moonclipped 45 to have fun and compete. I am trying my 45 at major to see if I can move up a little. :sight: So far it has been a wash for me, But I am still learning. later rdd

LOL Well, I did predict this. It sounds like you are saying you can still have fun but it will be more difficult with speed loaders (I would agree). I'm sure you are you not saying Jerry Miculek has made a mistake and could be a better shooter if he would abandon the moon clips?

Im sure there will be some disagreement but I cant imagine that most people could be completive with a non-moon clip setup when competing against those that have it.

I am just getting started with my 4 646 but I can see that I am going to really like this setup. I had a 610 and liked it but I felt it was unnecessarily heavy.

As for IPSC the thing that probably hurts people with speedloaders over the moonclips is not the speed. It's that most of the ones running speed loaders are running in Minor. For myself I am a little faster with my L frame and COMP III's vs my 625 with moonclips. JMHO

Edited by in625shooter