Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

34 slide on a 35 frame?

A well Earled machine

What I have is a G-35 with a big [heavy] magwell and a MGM Glocktail held on by a Houge sleave. It fits my hand but not my son's - his is a 34 shaved down with some grip tape. I would like to run 9mm for timed fire multigun matches and I have a boatload of components to load 'em.

I swapped the top ends at my house and they seemed to be ok but haven't had a chance to get to the range to see if it really shoots. I thought I'd see if any of you had thoughts on the idea. I can't see why it wouldn't work but I don't know that much about Glocks either.

Thanks,

Earl

If they are both gen 3, then the 34 and 35 slides should swap. A gen 3 G34 will not fit on a Gen 4 G35.

Might want to consider changing out the extractor and ejector for 9mm ones if you plan on shooting it more then a few sessions.

What I have is a G-35 with a big [heavy] magwell and a MGM Glocktail held on by a Houge sleave. It fits my hand but not my son's - his is a 34 shaved down with some grip tape. I would like to run 9mm for timed fire multigun matches and I have a boatload of components to load 'em.

I swapped the top ends at my house and they seemed to be ok but haven't had a chance to get to the range to see if it really shoots. I thought I'd see if any of you had thoughts on the idea. I can't see why it wouldn't work but I don't know that much about Glocks either.

Thanks,

Earl

Might want to consider changing out the extractor and ejector for 9mm ones if you plan on shooting it more then a few sessions.

Extractor swap is not necessary since it's in the slide. Ejector is recommended but may not be necessary. I've used the .40 mags for the 9mm and it works.