Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Too Spray or Paint paper targets?

I did notice some of that. The first targets painted were set pretty much upright against the wall to dry, and stayed flat. The others stacked in front, leaning at greater angles, did warp some. Those have been sitting stacked flat under weights, and have been straightening out. We'll see what there like on Friday, the first day's shoot. I'll definitely report back if I have to redo them.

I used water based latex paint and was a little stingy with the application. Dunno whether any of that makes a difference.

The targets stayed flat enough for the match, but did have a bit of a forward curl at the bottom, even after sitting under 30# of steel target stands for most of a week. The ones that curled the most were the targets that had the painted surface going across the target, either horizontally or diagonally. The targets painted just one one side (C and D), hardly had any curve. I'd painted the one sided targets first, so it isn't clear to me whether it's the amount of paint over how much of the target that makes them wilt, or if it is leaning up against something at an angle, or both that makes for the warping.

Edited by kevin c