New Glock Magwell

Flexmoney

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks good but I thinks I will stick with the Ice mag well on my blasters right now . Maybe Dave will get on the band wagon and make a Ice for the glock. I like the opening but looking at it I would prefere a stepper angle on the outside to wedge the gun in the firing position.

Johnnie

I've played with John's G35 on which he mounted the Ice magwell. It’s huge and makes it very hard to miss your reloads.

It's just too big for my big hands though.

OK Guys the magwells will be available for sale next week,the Alum magwells will be in black & silver. didnt get a chance to finish building a IDPA box yet but i did get the weights on the wells (Alum=1.7oz & S/S=5.1oz)If your interested in ordering give me a call or email.

OK Guys the magwells will be available for sale next week,the Alum magwells will be in black & silver. didnt get a chance to finish building a IDPA box yet but i did get the weights on the wells (Alum=1.7oz & S/S=5.1oz)If your interested in ordering give me a call or email.

Tom ,

The local IDPA club should have a box to loan out.

Until that day

Mark

the Alum magwells will be in black & silver.

Can we get the steel ones in black? I'm guessing "no" from your post but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Anybody know yet if they work with Grams basepads??

Sorry Kevin,as of now they are for the small frame glock,magwells for the large frame pistols will be comming soon as also slide rackers for open guns with frame mounted optics.i will look into a black stainless steel magwell also.

Got to play with the finished versions as opposed to the prototype. If you use Eric's grip tape, you will need to trim a touch off of the bottom for the mag well to fit best.

Stainless steel ones are really awesome, but I'm partial to the aluminum anondized ones...I don't like shiny guns 'n stuff, so the black ones fit my style well.

Hand is driven up the grip very well and that opening just sucks the mags in and spits them out on demand. Going to play with them in L10 and Ltd over the next few weeks as I move into other divisions from my normal production....all in large part to having this type of equipment to use.

For you open shooters who use rail/frame mounted optics, there is a slide racker in the works that will save you some skin and time...saw the design, looks pretty neat.

• 1 month later...

Here's a update on our new magwells,they are a touch to wide to fit in the IDPA box,would need to remove a few thousands from the sides,If there is enough intrest i will have some made up. also i was informed of a price overcharge so I have adjusted my price also,,Alum wells are now 70.00 and S/S are 135.00

• 3 weeks later...

Tom,

What's the availablity like right now on the magwells, do you have any alum. ones currently in stock? I need one that will fit a 3rd gen. G35. I have a California Competition Works magwell but it will not fit on my 3rd gen frames, so when I sell it I will buy one of your alum. ones.

• 5 weeks later...

are there anymore updates with this magwell? Im interested in one, I have a 35 on its way, I have acquired a kkm match barrel for it and thought the SS magwell would compliment the SS barrel nicely. Im interested in one that fits in the IDPA box and to know all the pads that fit it. is there going to be a price difference for the IDPA legal ones?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't used this yet for a match as I'm giving the Glock some time off for the summer. It will fit regular mags fine but all my Taylor Freelances had to be trimmed on the contact edges to lock in with my trusty dremel. Nice big hole though and I think a big improvement over my previously trusted Lightning Strike magwell.

racine

• 2 weeks later...

ordered the new magwell from novak [Handgunner Outlet]a few days ago....the aluminum model 70.00, i passed on the 130.00 stainless model. ill let u guys know how it works, but from the looks of the pics its perfect with no holes to snag on......

Edited by Flexmoney

• 3 weeks later...

Just received my second magazine (Stainless) well for Glock from Tom Novak of Novak's Hand gunner Outlet I would like to say that this version of the magazine well puts my entire collection of The Accessories brass magazine well’s out to pasture. I will be replacing them all with Novak’s new magazine well design. I can say today with no ego that there is no other magazine well for Glock that can compete with Tom's current offering.

The first cut of magazine well had some issues. Mainly it would not work with Arredondo or Taylor Freelance magazine extensions since it wouldn’t allow the magazine to seat properly also it was using a nylon lanyard plug which could have the threads easily stripped. This newer version is using a brass lanyard plug which adds even more weight and the inside of the magazine well has been opened up a little further which allows all of the Arredondo Extensions and all of the Taylor freelance extensions to seat properly. Once I find my one and only Gram’s engineering magazine extension for Glock (Don’t care for it) I’ll try it out and report that finding.

• 2 weeks later...
I'll gladly test anything I can get my my hands on..and report back here and on Glock Talk (if I get enough good data...I'll write it up and send it in to Front Sight...and whoever else will listen).

Flex... did you ever write this up and I can't find it or ....

I'll gladly test anything I can get my my hands on..and report back here and on Glock Talk (if I get enough good data...I'll write it up and send it in to Front Sight...and whoever else will listen).

Flex... did you ever write this up and I can't find it or ....

I didn't write it up. I didn't get one for a while. When I did, I had Major matches coming up. I don't like playing around too much with new stuff when I have big matches on the horizon.

I did get a chance to put it on my Open G34. I had trouble getting the mags to stay in. I don't think they had enough clearance, didn't allow the mags to go in far enough to engage the mag catch/release.

It is clean looking and well machined. I think the specs might be off a bit though (perhaps this has been addressed).