Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Price of store ammo going up!

JayJayJay

I purchased 1,000 rounds (.40) off of Luckgunner.com 3 days ago for $285.00. I also purchased 250 rounds(.40) at Walmart today for $69.00. The same rounds are now selling for $305 on the same site. I also noticed all the ammo on most site have risen by $15-$20 bucks. I have seen advisories on sites that state that prices all are rising, my question is why? I now have 1,250 store purchased rounds here in the house. I plan on collecting all my brass and I guess with the way prices are going up I will get a press and start reloading. I got a book today in the mail "The ABCs of reloading". I am scared I will make a mistake and blow up my gun. I want to reload but still a bit up on the wall.

Edited by JayJayJay

I purchased 1,000 rounds (.40) off of Luckgunner.com 3 days ago for $285.00. I also purchased 250 rounds(.40) at Walmart today for $69.00. The same rounds are now selling for $305 on the same site. I also noticed all the ammo on most site have risen by $15-$20 bucks. I have seen advisories on sites that state that prices all are rising, my question is why? I now have 1,250 store purchased rounds here in the house. I plan on collecting all my brass and I guess with the way prices are going up I will get a press and start reloading. I got a book today in the mail "The ABCs of reloading". I am scared I will make a mistake and blow up my gun. I want to reload but still a bit up on the wall.

Reloading is the way to go, start up cost will be a little pricey, but will pay for itself rather quickly

if you are only go to load pistol ammo check out the SBD from dillon, I have a 550 and SBD and like loading on the SBD better, it is what I load 40

there is a ton of info and if you are careful and pay attention you don't need to worry about blowing yourself up.

If you know fellow shooters that reload get with them to see if you can bring your componets and try loading under their guidance a couple of times, then when ready ask them to help you set up and get started

put a wtb on the classified for a 550 or SBD, lots of folks have an extra one sitting around

All metal prices are going up because people are speculating on how much Japan is going to be using in the next few years.

Hopefully or maybe not the price spike should be short lived because the rest of the worlds economy is in the crapper and headed to the septic tank.