Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Got my Delta Point in for my Saiga

Alaskapopo

Saiga12RR.jpg

saiga12gauge.jpg

I got my Delta Point in the mail yesterday and I am impressed with it. I got the new Arredondo mount for the Saiga and I much prefer having the red dot closer to my eye. The mag coupler also is awesome and worked perfectly. The Delta Point was not that hard to sight in. I sighted in at 15 yards to start with slugs then fined tuned it at 50 yards. I then went back to 15 yards and checked my shot pattern. My pattern was centered with my slugs point of impact. I used the tip of the triangle to sight in with slugs while I just covered the target with the whole triangle at 15 yards with the shot. I did not have any issues with the sight blooming. As of right now I am very happy with this set up. I am going to use it at a match this Saturday and I will have some video.

Pat

Pat,

Is there any chance for the normal mortal to get a black eye from the dot mount? I'm considering one for my Saiga and I am not liking the dot mounted way out on the barrel, all of my open shotguns up to this point have had the dot mounted close on the receiver...

jj

Want! Have you tried the RMR sight? Just curious how it compares to the Deltapoint.

The mount won't work with the RMR sight. I wanted the RMR sight.

RiggerJJ its still far enough away from the eye that I don't think that is a possability especially with a compensated gun.

Doug not sure if I can make it to the Match in July I want to but there is a LEO shoot up here that I usually attend where I represent my department. They have not released that match date yet. If it does not conflict I will make it down assuming I don't find out to late to get a slot.

Pat

Want! Have you tried the RMR sight? Just curious how it compares to the Deltapoint.

Deltapoint blows it (and everything else in it's class)away IMO.

How come and for what application?

Light, bigger screen, lower to the bore without major mods, more rugged design. We are using them on XD/XDM's and AR secondary sights, but I'll be putting them on the Saigas also.

Give Beven Gram a call and he'll add to the list. He's done the most breaking of small dots sights of those I know, and he put me on to them.

The (7.5moa) is a great sight, unfortunately when I ordered mine it had issues right out of the box. It would not change intensity in various light conditions. The service reps at Leupold took care of pretty quick and said there were a few problems with some of the sights. When I got it back it was 100% better. Anyway I have played with it on my Saiga 12, G34, and Open pistols (2011 STI /Arredondo mount) and I must say it is the best of the small red dots. I am not sure it will replace my Cmore railway on the 2011 guns but on the S12 and mounted on the slide of the G34 it is my first choice.

The (7.5moa) is a great sight, unfortunately when I ordered mine it had issues right out of the box. It would not change intensity in various light conditions. The service reps at Leupold took care of pretty quick and said there were a few problems with some of the sights. When I got it back it was 100% better. Anyway I have played with it on my Saiga 12, G34, and Open pistols (2011 STI /Arredondo mount) and I must say it is the best of the small red dots. I am not sure it will replace my Cmore railway on the 2011 guns but on the S12 and mounted on the slide of the G34 it is my first choice.

What other sites have you used on your G34?

C-more STS and Burris Fastfire....I had high hopes for the STS but to be honest the Fastfire has a more intense dot. I have had very good luck with the Fastfire's, no issues with 1000's of rounds thru my S12's. The dot is a bit too small for my taste on a handgun but works well on shotguns and rifles. The Deltapoint is the way to go for a few extra $$$ (shotgun 7.5 moa)....bright triangle (easy to pick up), bigger lens, and is on if you pick up the gun...no forgetting to turn the sight on (I only did that once). I recently shot the SMM3G, that match is fairly light on pistol so I elected not to shoot my 2011 STI Open gun and just thru the Deltapoint on a G34.....not having shot the Glock for a year or so I did OK...and that was mostly due to the Deltapoint I have not tried the RMR but I have heard good things about it also.

C-more STS and Burris Fastfire....I had high hopes for the STS but to be honest the Fastfire has a more intense dot. I have had very good luck with the Fastfire's, no issues with 1000's of rounds thru my S12's. The dot is a bit too small for my taste on a handgun but works well on shotguns and rifles. The Deltapoint is the way to go for a few extra $$$ (shotgun 7.5 moa)....bright triangle (easy to pick up), bigger lens, and is on if you pick up the gun...no forgetting to turn the sight on (I only did that once). I recently shot the SMM3G, that match is fairly light on pistol so I elected not to shoot my 2011 STI Open gun and just thru the Deltapoint on a G34.....not having shot the Glock for a year or so I did OK...and that was mostly due to the Deltapoint I have not tried the RMR but I have heard good things about it also.

I killed a fast fire II last summer on my Saiga 12 gauge. The factory replaced it but I don't think its the best choice for a shotgun.

Pat

Best choice maybe not, but until I kill the Fastfires they will have to do. I have 3 S12's....gets kinda spendy when a new and improved sight hits the market ie. Deltapoint. I will be interested in what becomes of the S12's in 3gun matches if this ATF study determines no more importations of the Saiga 20-12 ga. Sorry not trying to hijack the thread..just wondering if the Deltapoint would be a good match on a Benelli...

I have a burris speed bead (basically fastfire + mount) on my benelli and think it's great. I also have a leupold deltapoint and think it's a better sight than the fastfire, but the DP doesn't fit on the speed bead mount. I think it's worth using the fastfire on a shotgun if anything to take advantage of the mount. The other optics mounts are too high to get a good cheekweld IMO.

Best choice maybe not, but until I kill the Fastfires they will have to do. I have 3 S12's....gets kinda spendy when a new and improved sight hits the market ie. Deltapoint. I will be interested in what becomes of the S12's in 3gun matches if this ATF study determines no more importations of the Saiga 20-12 ga. Sorry not trying to hijack the thread..just wondering if the Deltapoint would be a good match on a Benelli...

Those guns that are in the country would still be legal and able to play the game. As for importing someone would simply have to make more of the parts in the USA. Such as how Arsenal makes US made AK's sort of anyway.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

• 3 weeks later...