Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Past, Present, and Future Range Diary of Lunchboxx

Lunchboxx

to me it was the moving while shooting, running and gunning with a pump will get you a lot more stable when running with a pistol, not so much with a ego or dm or something though. I think it also helps trigger speed, i shot a mechanical cocker for a while in CFOA because i wanted to prove to everyone you didnt need 15bps and it got me a lot faster with split times. I think it helped me with relaxation when in the moment, because same as shooting uspsa, if you get nervous and your brain starts to lock up, things never seem to go to plan. It also helped me a lot with really exploding out of shooting positions, because you know what happens if you dont do that in pball.

Yeah, there ya go! I can absolutely see moving and shooting transferring over. Another thing I just thought of is when you're playing pump vs semis. It was common to find myself hunkered down behind a bunker or some other cover while someone would be bombarding me with paint. I would have to quickly raise my gun up, get a sight picture (my Phantom had a CCI Ghost Ring on it), and quickly fire off a shot while getting shot at. You could easily say that is not unlike what we do when we draw our pistols and get our initial sight picture. There's different reasons for having to do it quickly, but just having to do it in paintball certainly helped me doing it with pistols.

yep, I love a phantom, i shot it with a 50rd hopper on it and a 45ci tank. it was slick, but it doesnt have as good of a trigger as my 1911 :D you seemed to have progressed through your shooting, you have definately improved since the beginning and it really makes me want a helmet mounted cam!

i shoot limited 10 with a singlestack and love it, i just hate that there are at most 10 people at most matches doing so.

I've noticed that as well. A friend of mine that I shoot with shoots a CZ75B SAO in 40 and shoots L10 since he can't fit a competative number of rounds in his mags to do Limited very well. It is always him and at most three other people at a big event doing L10.

Guess I'll help bolster that number for a few weeks lol!

Welp... I missed the combat shoot earlier in the week because UPS lost my ammo. A whole case of 1,000 rounds of 40sw long. I've ordered at least seven or eight cases and I have a hard time understanding how you lose a 40lb crate of bullets. Sure, maybe it broke open and they didn't care to put it all back together, but when I said I've ordered that many cases before, this was easily some of the best packaged stuff I've ever seen. And I work in the small package delivery business. So much thick packing tape and so many staples and reinforced cardboard and...

Ok, I'll stop ranting now. They're sending a new case, the email I got back from the shipper suggests that this happens often enough that it isn't a big deal.

Dry fire practiced for an hour on Monday and Wednesday, practiced with scale targets set up like CM 99-13 Quicky II. Looks like it will play out strikingly similar to parts of CM 99-46 Close Quarter Standards, just with more distance. I just shot CQS a few weekends ago, and if I can go at the same pace and get my hits, I should have no problem putting down a mid 60% on this one. However, the end result isn't my goal. My goal is to go in and just be aware of everything and try to recapture that feeling I got last weekend. Just let my body react to what my eyes are seeing.

Still waiting on my replacement ammo... getting kinda worried again.

In the meantime, I did more draw and dry fire practice. Then I noticed my trigger was resetting kinda funky. The overtravel set screw had become loose, even though I'm sure I used locktite. Fixed that, did some more draw and dry fire practice.

If the ammo doesn't get here tomorrow it looks like I'll be missing another match. :(

I really need to get my own reloading gear.