Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brightest Fiber Optic

johnny1gun

With out looking forever on here to see if anyone has posted this befor,just dont have time.I am going to replace the fiber optic on my M&P pro.I think the one that is on there is dull.I have seen a few that have the bright red,and like them alot.I dident ask what brand it was.Who makes a relly bright fiber rod? Dawson,Tru Glow,Hi Viz,and so ,and so.Sure would like to know what you guys think.Got to get this gun ready for may,and the rest of the season.Still lots to do,to little time to do it in.

The FO rods are all pretty much the same, just be sure you get the correct diameter. Red will be brighter than green...too bright for me, its so bright that in sunlight it obscures the edges of the front sight. I usually dim down the green rod by painting part of it black and would fine with a plain black front. Speedshooterspecialties.com sells FO rods by the inch so you could try different colors. They also have pretty much anything else you can think of for your M&P needs.

The FO rods are all pretty much the same, just be sure you get the correct diameter. Red will be brighter than green...too bright for me, its so bright that in sunlight it obscures the edges of the front sight. I usually dim down the green rod by painting part of it black and would fine with a plain black front. Speedshooterspecialties.com sells FO rods by the inch so you could try different colors. They also have pretty much anything else you can think of for your M&P needs.

Thanks .Ya I was just going to get them from Dawson and thought I would ask to see if anyone had any ideal if any were brighter.From what I know from reading on here I need .060 for my pro?

From what I know from reading on here I need .060 for my pro?

Yes. Stock FO size for the pro is 0.060".

The stock green FO in the Pro was too big for me, I went with a .090 front and it made a world of difference. The Dawson sights can be had in a multitude of heights and widths, and you should be able to find a combo that works with your load and rear sight.