Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

sw sigma or 1911

bmiller

I am new to action shooting. I bought a S&W 9mm pro series and shot in my first match. I am hooked. I want to start training with an airsoft. I can't find an m&p. I also have a 1911 but doubt I will compete with it this year. Which would be better choice a sigma or 1911? Also what would be a good brand choice?

Agreed. A sigma would be closer, but a 1911 would be pretty easy to pick up. I went from glocks to the 1911/2011 with very little effort. The SA trigger is just sooooo nice compared to even the best glock/M&P trigger job.

I have a Cybergun CO2 powered airsoft version of the Sigma, and it does feel very much like the 9mm M&P.

More so than the real Sigma.

Especially the balance and trigger.

This might be it:

http://www.airrattle.com/Airsoft_S_W_Sigma_SW40F_CO2_Auto_Blowback_Gun_p/co2-sw40f.htm

The Cybergun had an unearned rep for poor quality due to the feeding problems and CO2 leakages.

The feeding problem was nothing more than the inside of the mag being painted, causing bb hangups.

Cleaning the paint off the bb channel fixes that.

The leakage problem must have been only on some, because mine has never suffered it.

It's been accurate, with good blowback, and very reliable over thousands of rounds.

• 3 months later...

I'm in the same boat (have an M&P and no m&P airsoft are available) and wonder if a 1911 would actually be better. The M&P 9L I have is a 5" gun and I have the Apex FSS trigger which is similar to a 1911 trigger. The sigma is probably a 4" gun and has a long crappy trigger (just guessing since I've never see one). Weight, feel in my hand and controls would be different but the 5" sight radius and shorter trigger seem like they would better represent my gun. Mainly my airsoft practice would be for target transition and movement into and out of a box more than anything. My dryfire practice would cover the draw. thoughts?