Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not knowing people

Shooter Grrl

We really need to advertise our real names more! It would appear that I shot with an entire squad of BE'ers this weekend and didn't realize how many of them I should HAVE KNOWN!

Phil Terry - ate dinner with him last year at MS Classic. It never registered until this weekend that PhilTerry is Phil Terry!

chp5 = Cy Pritchard in his sig line, but I never connected that to the Cy on my squad until today!

Bear1142 = Erik Lund - shot with him last year at the Nationals (him I did remember and recognize though!)

Singlestack = John Golson! Thankfully he TOLD me this before the match :)

lynn jones = a face I knew!

David = my hubby - we gotta get him posting more

So who else was there that I missed, but shoulda known? I know some of the MS guys I was chatting with are here, but for the life of me I can't connect screen names to faces to real names!!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AG93

you don't have to be rich or famous to shoot out of town matches. The folks there usually treat you better than the folks at home who know you. I know that to be the case..at least for me it has been.

AG93

you don't have to be rich or famous to shoot out of town matches.  The folks there usually treat you better than the folks at home who know you.  I know that to be the case..at least for me it has been.

Hmm. I think there is something deeper here. Why is that?

I shoot local club matches, but I just don't budget for out of state or large(area 4 or others) matches. Shooting is second to hunting(AHHHHHHHH!) Curse me now. I have a deer lease and several hunting trips that take up my vacation and $$$$. I am just a poor electrician :P . Might win the lottery some day, then I can just travel the World and shoot. :D TXAG

AG93:

I was one of the three guys sharing a room with Patches. FWIW it cost me $200 to attend the Alabama Sectional -- that includes the match fee and ammo. We rented a car and as Patches stated split gas/car/hotel three ways. Being the old man I got a bed with box springs and a mattress. You can travel fairly cheaply if a couple of people go with you.

Kath:

I was one of the Mississippi guys talking with you after the match. I am the short, non-GM guy.

So who else was there that I missed, but shoulda known?  I know some of the MS guys I was chatting with are here, but for the life of me I can't connect screen names to faces to real names!!!!

I said 'hi' to you at morning coffee at RGN's. Sorry I wasn't more chipper....I was on my way home early.... :angry:

People never recognize me, but I understand since I just blend into the woodwork and no one really notices when I'm around. I'm what you call "inconspicuous," and added with my tendency to be quiet and keep to myself, it's easy to miss me.

So if Shooter Grrl shoots a match with me some day, I'll wear a big name tag or something.

:rolleyes:

People never recognize me, but I understand since I just blend into the woodwork and no one really notices when I'm around. I'm what you call "inconspicuous," and added with my tendency to be quiet and keep to myself, it's easy to miss me.

rhino in the "stealth mode" :P:ph34r:

So if Shooter Grrl shoots a match with me some day, I'll wear a big name tag or something.

.....just make sure it's purple.....

Ya know Rhino - I used to think that with as loud and as obnoxious as I am that everyone would KNOW who I was. It just ain't so - as evidenced by chp5 and I not connecting Saturday <_<

Guess it's time to spend some dough and get Shooter Grrl/Kathy Littman embroidered on my STI shirts!

rhino in the "stealth mode"  :P  :ph34r:

Thanks to my trusty Rhino Ninja Suit!® shah-SHAH!

(ToughLove!® better get the "sha-SHAH!" reference!)

.....just make sure it's purple.....

That can be done ...

Ya know Rhino - I used to think that with as loud and as obnoxious as I am that everyone would KNOW who I was. It just ain't so - as evidenced by chp5 and I not connecting Saturday

Perhaps you're not quite as obnoxious as you think! I can give you some pointers on how to pump up the volume if you like. :lol:

There is NO--I repeat, NO--stealth mode for The Purple One. Forget it even got mentioned! Dreameth on! <_<

How to Identify SiG Lady in a Crowd: The miniature redhead making all the laughing noise and sexifying innuendos. No different than usual. :P