Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steve Anderson's dryfire book

Sent my payment last Monday 4/5/2004 via snail mail. Got home from work yesterday and my copy had arrived. From my first time through it it appears to be a great resource. I will need to clean out the garage to get the 30' required but that is minor thing. (And I was going to have to clean it out anyway ha ha) Steve thanks for the great effort.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim,

Not only have I done those 178 draws in a session, I do them just about every session.

On drill 1, my baseline is rapidly approaching .5, after I realized I have not been trying to push that one, content with .6

Why be content with .6 when the timer will show .5 par times? :)

Also Jim, My fee for stopping production is $20,000. Paypal is fine. :)

Thanks for all the kind comments,

SA

Don't forget, BE is offering a free copy of his book when you buy a timer after buying my book...

I had to shoot a baseball game earlier in the week and I arrived early to find both teams warming up.One team was doing the usual calisthenics and stretching, the other team was --- dryfiring. They were lined up in three rows, all with bats, facing one of their coaches. Whenever he mimed a pitch, they swung their bats through the air. Must have worked, they won the game....

While we're loosely on the topic of Steve's book and dryfiring, I saw both volumes of Kill Bill in the last couple of days --- and there was a moment in each that reminded me of Steve's determination. Anyone care to guess? A cryptic description would be preferred in the case of Vol. 2 as we don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it....

Not only have I done those 178 draws in a session, I do them just about every session.

Just got mine in last week - great stuff, Steve.

Still, KDJ and I both agree, doing all 178 draws is a whole lotta time. It takes me an hour just to get through the first 7 drills. Lordy, how do you do 25 to 27 in under two hours?

I received Steve's book and, before going action with it, read it deeply at least twice.

As our host would say...

"Holy Crap"...!

It's a great amount of informations, each aimed to a single, specific skill to be tested and developed! :blink:

It is exactly what I was looking for: a serious regime for my dryfiring practice to stick with, instead of doing everything and nothing whenever I felt like.

Yesterday night (BTW Steve, you need to write a second book, on you find so much time to practice dry/live fire: the only practice time I can manage to find is at 11 p.m. for dryfire, being usually too tired to do it more than twice a week, and a couple of sunday mornings a month at the range...) for the first time I went through drills 1-9 (it took me more than 1 hour) and got a real experience: every drill was telling me exactly what to look for during execution, I was keeping records of what I was doing and, most important, I was not being distracted by "the shot": I was looking at each single detail of my drills execution with a level of attention I didn't experience in previous dry or live fire sessions.

Simply too cool.

Thanks, Steve, really a great book; now, if you could lend me a spare hour or two a week to practice, I'd be very grateful! ;)