Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steve Anderson's dryfire book

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, with this book, I was glad that I didn't have my blaster with me.  I did a lot of visualization when I glanced at each drill and I'm shocked and awed by my baseline times :)

So you've noticed the same downhill progression from:

1. visualization

2. dry fire without gun

3. dry fire with gun

4. live fire with gun

5. match

If I just shot in my head and stayed away from the real world, I'd be much better than I am but then I wouldn't need the book :lol::P:P

Kevin

Um - at this point in my shooting, I skip steps 2 and 4.

Visualize, dry fire, live fire in match. I rarely get practice live fire time out of a match.

After shipping out today's orders, I have become aware of two interesting trends:

1. Lotsa guys named Steve

2. Lotsa Books going to the Netherlands

I hereby predict that the next world shoot will be won by a Steve and/or he/she will be from the Netherlands. (I guess a Stephanie from the Netherlands is a possibility :))

Seriously, I am humbled and grateful for the support this project has received. I have just sold out of my second run of the books, and I have MANY great ideas for my dealer forum area once I get my graphics and ad together. (with the help of Sig Lady)

Thanks Again,

Steve Anderson

(How's the weather in the Netherlands?)

I have Steve's book and it's a great resource. When I go to the range for live fire, I practice with direction and purpose because ammo is expensive. But I find myself doing dry fire without direction and purpose and that's probably why I get bored and lose my motivation. Time is also a valuable resource and Steve's book will help me to maximize the time I spend dry firing. Definately worth buying.

I have Steve's book and it's a great resource. When I go to the range for live fire, I practice with direction and purpose because ammo is expensive. But I find myself doing dry fire without direction and purpose and that's probably why I get bored and lose my motivation. Time is also a valuable resource and Steve's book will help me to maximize the time I spend dry firing. Definately worth buying.

That is a great summary of the book.

Hi All,

Steve said he mailed me the book wednesday april 7th, it just arrived this morning, saturday april 10th, which I find really quick !

Steve, I glanced through the book shortly today, it sure makes me want to start practicing, it looks good !

Steve said he mailed me the book wednesday april 7th, it just arrived this morning, saturday april 10th, which I find really quick !

Not fair! :P

You took advantage of better work from mailing system from Holland...

Here in Italy you can usually have your mail travelling some 500Km in a week or so... :(

Time is also a valuable resource and Steve's book will help me to maximize the time I spend dry firing.

You will maximize your DF time doing Steve's drills. Set aside a good chunk of time the first time you go through them. Pay attention to what's going on and you will learn something.

shred:

I set aside an entire morning to start establishing base line par times. I learned a couple of things right away. In my past dry fire sessions I established par times based on how fast I performed the mechanics instead of the speed of my vision. That little eye opener (no pun intended) is worth the price of the book.

Steve's graphic is almost done... we've been noodling on it together in e-mail over the past day or so. You'll love the colors! ..and a couple of other little things we threw in. Just click on the entire graphic to reach Steve by e-mail once it's launched.

Just the sample pages he sent me indicated that the content is detailed and very well thought-out stuff. His belief in the concepts is also self-evident. Have fun with it!

Not fair! :P

You took advantage of better work from mailing system from Holland...

Here in Italy you can usually have your mail travelling some 500Km in a week or so... :(

Yes but you guys have nicer weather and some more advantages :P;)

Steve

I just got my book today! Great stuff. I've never put alot of effort into dry-fire and thats about to change. Im setting up in my garage. I can get about 27 feet for a max distance there.

One question Steve - I know you don't have to but have you ever done the 178 draws it would take to do 1-14? :blink:

How much would I have to pay you to stop production of this dry-fire book? :D

OK thats 2 questions :P

Thanks,

Jim