Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steve Anderson's dryfire book

I bought Steve's book at the Alabama match this past weekend. I intended to buy it just to be polite after he let me read it in the hotel room the night before the match. I set down to politely thumb through it while 'old man Anderson' went to bed early, and I ended up reading the entire thing. Kyle's intro is indeed hilarious. The book is well laid out, easy to read no matter your skill level, and actually makes you want to go dry-fire. The drills are excellent. I went home and tried a few out and have already noticed a slight improvement on a few things that needed working on. Plus it makes you want to dry-fire, but I already mentioned that...

And for all of you wondering, this review was totally unsolicited from Steve, and I didn't even mention I was going to do it.

So people, buy it from Steve, you will improve! B)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What book? A dry fire training manual sounds interesting and I tend to buy books :P but there's not enough information here to help me spend money :D

I did a search on dry fire book here and didn't find anything.

Help ...

I can add my unsolicited recommendation for the book. I purchased it at the Alabama match (I believe I was his first sale) and Steve even autographed it for me. The book is well laid out and in the past two days I have enjoyed reading it. I can already see where the material will be beneficial to me, a lowly "C" class shooter.

Anybody that wants to improve would be well advised to use this guide.

But, you gotta ask Steve what was left out...as one of our local buddies (Herky) asked:

What's this I hear about you being a prize winning

author of your dry fire techniques. And Kyle does an

intro, will wonders ever cease? Tell me did you

include the responses when your wife flashes you in

the middle of a drill? Maybe you should also do a

video version!

Congrats, Mike

Thanks a lot for the kind words Matt and Bill!

It means a great deal that you all are benefitting from the book. I really believe in these drills and dry fire in general and hope to spread the word.

For those that are curious, it features 38 dry fire drills, and some chapters on technique and training in general.

The drills are laid out and diagrammed like stages and each one has a log for you to track your progress.

There are classifier skills, match skills, and simulated plate rack drills

It features a hilarious foreword by Kyle "Flexmoney" Farris and I am also in his debt for the technical editing he provided.

Thanks again guys,

SA

Just saw Flex's reminder about the flashing...

When I first started to dry fire every night, my wife would come thru the basement and try to distract me. We had a contest where, at the beep, she would flash me while I drew to a target. She beat me every time.

She doesn't know I have it on video somewhere...If I could just find it!

:)

SA

Thanks to everyone that has ordered and requested info, I really appreciate the support!

I will be in the dealer forum very soon... until then anyone who wants a copy can send $25 via paypal to mr.anderson@prodigy.net and it will go out ASAP.

(shameless plug ahead :))

One thing I forgot to mention previously is that the book contains the exact drills I used to make Open GM in 12 months...

Thanks again,

SA

Tom, I hope you got my PM, just realized I hadn't answered you here.

The book is $25, via paypal to mr.anderson@prodigy.net OR, you may certainly send a check or money order to:

Steve Anderson

6398 Fountainview Ct

Grove City, Ohio

Thanks again,

SA

Just wanted to post that after reading through Steve's book I found it to be chock full of great ideas to improve a dry fire routine and help any of us with our game.

Also.....the ordering process was smooth and prompt, I used paypal and the order shipped quick and delivered within days...

For what it is worth, I recommend it highly... WES

I just received Steve's book and need to add my voice to the chorus: This is great.

I had just decided to commit to serious improvement and had started dry firing daily. Now I have a plan to work to ... and one that has evidence of previous success.

Thanks, Steve ... and check how I'm doing a year from now B)

Kevin

Actually, with this book, I was glad that I didn't have my blaster with me. I did a lot of visualization when I glanced at each drill and I'm shocked and awed by my baseline times :)

So you've noticed the same downhill progression from:

1. visualization

2. dry fire without gun

3. dry fire with gun

4. live fire with gun

5. match

If I just shot in my head and stayed away from the real world, I'd be much better than I am but then I wouldn't need the book :lol::P:P

Kevin