Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SP-01 Shadow production holster

Spin Control

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have bladetechs for my glock34, 1911 and now for my SP01 shadow. The first thing I do is sand off the sharp edges of the lip of the holster and then I rub a candle against those edges to minimize any wear they can cause on the finish of my pistols.I also use Armor All inside and out. Unfortunately, holster wear is inevitable on any game gun. All we can do is minimize it.

Has the Stinger been used at the Nationals? The more I look at it, the more I don't see how it meets Appendix D4's requirement of "suitable for everyday use". Or is this just meant to mean anything that's not a race holster?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Here is my issue - there is nothing in the rules that really defines what is and isnt "suitable" - in states where open carry is legal - theoretically this is suitable for every day use. Also - it says in the rules "NO RACE HOLSTER" YET the rules do NOT defile what IS a race holster - so who gets to determine what is and isnt? I'm using mine at a major next weekend - I'll argue it till I'm blue int he face if anyone tries to tell me otherwise

I just went and read the rule bsd, in my opinion, you have every right to argue it. Until the term "race holster" is defined. This isn't rules area so I'll hope this comment doesn't derail this thread. And to add constructively...

I have been using the snot out of my BT, in four trips to practice and nearly twenty dryfire sessions, very slight signs of wear. I can tell the spot that will show through first. Oh well. I didn't buy it to look pretty...

@burningsquirrels pics when you get it!

I got a tip from a member here (justaute thanks again!) on some pouches, so far I absolutely love them. 5 fit perfect on my belt. I got Ghost Pouches in red. The attachment method is pretty cool and very stable, and the price from SC was awesome, as was their service. I'm a newbie so I havent been able to vigorously test them. The pouches seem darn near indestructible to me. Mags fit good with no wobble. If more retention is needed you can use the parts that come with each pouch to make it nearly impossible to even pull a mag out, from no retention to full retention adjustability. For the price, I am not sure if they can be beaten.

Got my DA belt and PDR holster today. Getting the CR mag pouches on was a bitch though. I'm going to add some hook to the back of them so they stay on the inner belt better. Now comes the task of getting the holster in the right position.

Okay, not sure that I'm liking the PDR. it seems to have a slight curve to it causing the gun to angle away from the waist. I move the holster up on the frame a bit and this seems to reduce it. The cant is very pronounced the lower the holster rides.

post-1926-133652938242_thumb.jpg

It also seems to get stuck on the draw a lot. And that's is with the tension screw very loose.

If the curve bothers you, heat gun that bad boy! For what it's worth, my kydex was sticky as can be at first. Now it's smooth like butter. I had little black shavings all over for the first few nights of dryfire though... :unsure:

Here is my issue - there is nothing in the rules that really defines what is and isnt "suitable" - in states where open carry is legal - theoretically this is suitable for every day use. Also - it says in the rules "NO RACE HOLSTER" YET the rules do NOT defile what IS a race holster - so who gets to determine what is and isnt? I'm using mine at a major next weekend - I'll argue it till I'm blue int he face if anyone tries to tell me otherwise

bsdubois00-

FWIW, I emailed John Amidon before purchasing mine. His opinion (paraphrasing as I don't have the email on this computer) is its not a race holster and is legal as long as it meets the other requirements.

Unfortunately - his reply to me was "some people may think its a race holster - let me look at it and ill get back"

This is why we need to take those terms out the rules and be more specific - define what is a race holster - I've made some calls - talked with my A4 director - this is being expedited so I atleast get an answer before the major match next week

I'll let everyone know one way or the other so peolpe don't have the headache i do

Unfortunately - his reply to me was "some people may think its a race holster - let me look at it and ill get back"

This is why we need to take those terms out the rules and be more specific - define what is a race holster - I've made some calls - talked with my A4 director - this is being expedited so I atleast get an answer before the major match next week

I'll let everyone know one way or the other so peolpe don't have the headache i do

Should have bought the Blade Tech!!! Mine will be here today!!!

This is what I was told today. Hopefully we will get a definitive answer soon. After playing with the PDR, I've started looking at the Stinger closer.

After playing with the PDR, I've started looking at the Stinger closer.

I'll give ya $60 shipped for the PDR if you don't like it. Let me know....

Edited by motochris

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone tried the Performance Holster 525? Seems like one of the few options for a dropped offset holster for the SP01 besides the Blade tech.

Here's his holster, with a pretty nice look on the grip and tape combo. Can anyone identify those grips and where to get pre-cut tape like that?

cz%20525.jpgcz%20525%202.jpg

http://www.performanceholsters.com/Competition_Gear.htm

Edited by Leozinho

Do holsters for the sp01 generally fit the 75/85 as well, or are folks finding that it depends on the individual mfr? It seems like the only difference would be the front of the dust cover, and I wouldn't think most kydex holsters would be molded to fit to tight in that area.

• 1 year later...