Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pre-Travel Adjustment on Glock 34

jrbet83

Yeah so how'd you do it Jerry! Please share some knowledge!

The weekend is over and 400 rounds down the pipe and the trigger worked great.

Now to your question, All the work was done on the trigger bar only. My way of doing it was to remove the plastic trigger from the metal bar (the hardest part for me) and then put the bar in the purge chamber and fire up the square wave Tig and add material to make the bar longer, Next surface grind to size, bore and radius on the mill, Shoot peen and trip down the street to heat treat the one thing I can't do. Last the standard polish and reinstall the trigger shoe. I wonder if hard chrome or some other DLC coating on it will improve it's performance.

This week I will make one more and try it in my gun (it has a Edge by Glocktriggers.com in it right now) and then switch them to see if any timing problems show up. It's very little travel to get the trigger safety off and then the drop and plunger safety and then let the striker go.

I will update when more testing is done.

Jerry

Oh, Is that all? :roflol:

Wow! I know Glocks don't have the greatest triggers, but they aren't that bad. That is a lot of work to make an okay trigger just a little bit more okay-er. :blink:

+1 on Vanek's. Charlie has quality products. HOWEVER...if you learn to shoot by releasing to trigger reset, you won't have to worry about pre-travel.

z-

+1 learn your glock and it won't be a problem. Load a mag fire a round hold the trigger back and slowly let it reset you will be able to feel it. fire the next round doing the same thing. slowly speed up . Like has been said SO many times trigger time is the best true fix to SO many problems guys think they can buy something for.

+1 on Vanek's. Charlie has quality products. HOWEVER...if you learn to shoot by releasing to trigger reset, you won't have to worry about pre-travel.

z-

+1 learn your glock and it won't be a problem. Load a mag fire a round hold the trigger back and slowly let it reset you will be able to feel it. fire the next round doing the same thing. slowly speed up . Like has been said SO many times trigger time is the best true fix to SO many problems guys think they can buy something for.

Trigger reset will not work very well when we have IDPA stages that have 12 shot limited CoF with a 3 yard move after each 2 shots. That has your finger starting out of the trigger guard on 7 of the 12 shots.

Jerry

z-

Trigger reset will not work very well when we have IDPA stages that have 12 shot limited CoF with a 3 yard move after each 2 shots. That has your finger starting out of the trigger guard on 7 of the 12 shots.

Jerry

I guess I don't understand what your saying. IDPA is 18 shot limited and I use a glock 21.with no problems.

My guess would be the fact you can not ride a trigger reset if you have to move position so you can only use the reset position on shots you are not moving for since you have to index at other times.

We have stages with CoF (Call of Fire) like

Start at the

35 yard line and take 2 shot only on target 1 then move to cover at the 32 yard line

32 yard line and take 2 shot only on target 2 then move to cover at the 29 yard line

29 yard line and take 2 shot only on target 3 then move to cover at the 26 yard line

26 yard line and take 2 shot only on target 4 then move to cover at the 23 yard line

23 yard line and take 2 shot only on target 5 then move to cover at the 20 yard line

20 yard line and take 1 shot only on target 6 then reload and take 2nd shot on target 6

No makeup shots limited to 12 only. CDP reloads at target 5 and wheel guns at target 3 or 4

With this CoF and the rules of no finger inside the trigger guard during start, moving or reloading

you will have 7 first pull shots and 5 with trigger reset.

Removing pretravel will help on stages that have a Cof with lots of moving and reloading.

Jerry

WOudnt removing the blind pin constitute an external modification

Removing and reinstalled the blind pin without leaving mark on the plastic trigger was hard the first time. Now that I have made the fixture and the tooling to do it, it's not that bad. When done you can't tell the pin has ever been removed or reinstalled.

Jerry

• 3 weeks later...

Are the safeties still working? The mods discussed would seem to negate the plunger safety and the drop safety. The gun then would obviously be illegal for Production and more than a little dangerous. Also, the Glockworx' Production trigger is not Production legal-the trigger safety tab has been trimmed and is an external mod. This has been discussed extensively if you want to do a search.