Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Boss Is An IDIOT!

whatsupglock

My boss is a complete moron. This person has absolutely no idea how to motivate people, or lead anything. I wouldn't follow this person into a coffee shop. I can't believe my employer would place somone this ignorant in the position they are in. I have worked for some really good people and I have worked for some real idiots, and I do believe this one wins the prize. I have never seen anyone cut down employee morale like this moron. Complaints have been made, and no one seems to care. I have a highly specialized technical job, so I can't just go work for "the other guy down the street". I am stuck. This is like a prison sentence.

The job description had to read...minimal interpersonal communication skills required. If you wake up in the morning and like to find ways to make your employees feel miserable about their jobs, please apply. We are looking for the most critical individual we can find. Customer service skills are not necessary as we have a revolving door policy. We encourage poor decision making. The icing on the cake, we will pay you twice as much as your fellow co-workers! The kicker is that you won't be responsible or accountable for anything that happens in the department, because we will allow you to place all accountability on someone else.

Retarded.

I need a new job. Scratch that. I need a new employer.

Sounds like your boss is living proof of the The Dilbert principle.

It refers to a 1990s satirical observation by Dilbert cartoonist Scott Adams stating that companies tend to systematically promote their least-competent employees to management (generally middle management), in order to limit the amount of damage they are capable of doing. In the Dilbert strip of February 5, 1995 Dogbert says that "leadership is nature's way of removing morons from the productive flow".