Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Black Oxide on Sights Wears Off?

beltjones

I love my Warren Tactical Sevigny sights, but the finish on them isn't exactly tennifer-tough. What is the common practice for when the rear sight starts to get a little shiny? I tried cold blue but that's pretty crappy, and it seems like dura-coat wouldn't be a good option because it would flake off after a while. Any ideas?

Sight wear is cool. It's not as cool as slide wear, but it is still very cool! B)

If you must cover up all of the hard work that it took to get those wear marks, you could try Wonder Blue Gun Black if you don't like the look of Cold Blue. There is always the black Sharpie...

I'm partial to IonBond's DiamondBLACK :cheers:

I have been wondering if any of these new whiz-bang black finishes would really hold up on sights. Like the OP, I prefer my sights to stay BLACK and cold blue, Sharpies, and sight black spray don't really cut it.

I'm partial to IonBond's DiamondBLACK :cheers:

I have been wondering if any of these new whiz-bang black finishes would really hold up on sights. Like the OP, I prefer my sights to stay BLACK and cold blue, Sharpies, and sight black spray don't really cut it.

Well, Loves is probably the best expert on the forun we have when it comes to "whiz-bang black finishes". :roflol:

WG