Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2 Intense Days Level1 RO

Got Juice?

Training to become a level 1 range officer. What an intense and informative course. Just when you think you have the IPSC rules down cold, you get a couple of world class instructors in to teach you the course, proper scoring, range commands and procedures.....

My brain is total mush, but I finished well in testing.

The best part about learning is growth, and I believe that once I get over the shell shock, the application of this new knowledge will make me not only a better safer shooter, but also a better instructor when introducing the sport to new shooters.

Yep, it's one of those "glad when it's over" experiences.

I took the course a few weeks back, with a really great and fun instructor but I just have a hard time sitting down for that long.

Get your test behind you and put the new skill set to use.

Thanks for supporting the good cause by becoming a certified RO. :cheers:

Yep, it's one of those "glad when it's over" experiences.

I took the course a few weeks back, with a really great and fun instructor but I just have a hard time sitting down for that long.

Get your test behind you and put the new skill set to use.

Thanks for supporting the good cause by becoming a certified RO. :cheers:

The sitting down and exams were tough. We had 2 instructors and they would rotate through us. Just when you think your brain could not process any more info *BAM* on comes a new instructor and a fresh perspective, and .... absorb, re-test, ask questions and do it all over again.

It's amazing what an RO has to do and watch for. You take these officials for granted until you step into their shoes for a day. And then it's like 'oh wow, there is a reason for all of this'

Scoring will become second nature over time, Range commands will be easily second nature in a couple of weeks.

I feel exhausted, but happy to have passed with a decent mark.

That must have been an immense class to have/need two instructors. We had a class here in the Detroit area during the last weekend of February with 35 people and that had one instructor. Either that or they had every body pay double to have two instructors sent out.

Brian

There were only 9 of us. We were drilled, grilled, tested, and then repeated it all over again the next day. Fun stuff, my brain feels like oatmeal. I went to the range after, all set to do some shooting to 'stress relieve' and I got through one magazine, decided i couldn't even focus on shooting, and packed it all up, and went home to bed.