Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

which barrel

tightloop

Yes. The difference is in the gas porting of the barrel. 3" barrels allow less gas into the piston.

So I am ok putting a non magnum bbl on it and shooting low base ammo in it for clays and the like? thanks for the help...

Tightloop

Yes, you should have no problems.

As you might already know, clean your rings and magazine tube real well and polish them with "0000" steel wool. Then lubricate the tube with one or two drops, only, of Breakfree.

This will assure function and improve function with the 3" barrel, too! It keeps the powder residue from building up. You should have no problems with typical Skeet/Trap/Sporting Clay loads.

Good luck!

The magnum action has a heavier action bar sleeve which makes them shoot a little softer. Besides the good advice already given to make sure it will be dependable with lighter loads I would also check the action spring in the buttstock, it's common for them to be rusty and gunked up, I like to replace them every season. Also check the bolt buffer and I would keep a spare firing pin as you will break one eventually and they are very easy to replace. Midway and Brownells have all the parts you need in stock most of the time.

Rings are important but I shot a couple of rounds of trap without a rubber barrel seal not realizing it until afterwards, it worked just fine!! I find the old style split rings work better with lighter loads than the newer solid rings just make sure to stagger the gaps.

My 1100's run best wet, I pull the forearm off and spray the tube down with Remoil, after shooting the gunk wipes right off and it gets another coating of Remoil.

• 4 years later...