Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LaRue SPR or SPR-E?

Browtine

Should I get the regular SPR or the extended eye relief model for a Vortex Viper 1-4x24? Unfortunately, my rifle is still being built and I haven't shot enough ARs to know if I like to shoot nose to charging handle. I'm assuming LaRue will let me exchange, but wanted some advice to try and get the right one off the bat.

What does everyone think?

Thanks.

I think you should figure out where your placement is when you mount up an AR, go to a gun store and try one on, and you should know pretty quick what your needs are gonna be. Unless the eye relief is like 6" or something. Or, get both, and sell the one you don't like. But, you've tied up quite a bit of money that way.

Should I get the regular SPR or the extended eye relief model for a Vortex Viper 1-4x24? Unfortunately, my rifle is still being built and I haven't shot enough ARs to know if I like to shoot nose to charging handle. I'm assuming LaRue will let me exchange, but wanted some advice to try and get the right one off the bat.

What does everyone think?

Thanks.

I use the JP mount with my Vortex 1-4 and it is perfect. It looks closer to the SPR than the SPR-E. In fact, I don't even push it all the way forward and I shoot nose to charging handle too.

That being said, a cantilever mount with the Vortex 1-4 was absolutely mandatory. I was using straight rings and had huge problems, even when it was mounted all the way forward.