Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P30L sights questions

RAZZ

• 4 weeks later...

Wow.. I was just about to post that same question for my P30 and USP. I thought it was dovetail.

I run an expert with its slide milled rear site. I am looking for a front fiber to keep my target black rears. Dawson has a front sight listed but its for the USP standard pistol. It would seem to me I have so much adjustment in elevation on my Expert that I should be fine with the stanard hight front sight. The stock expert sight seems excessively tall.

I found out that the USP and P30 do not share the same front sight dovetail. I was able to find a sight with a larger dovetail, and then file it down to fit the HK dovetail. It works, but its a pain. I wish someone, anyone, would make a decent set of sights for the P30.

Surely dawson precision should be jumping on this. With the P30 starting to gain a lot of sales and a place in IDPA and USPSA production I cant see them not wanting to.

Hopefully they will, but not as of yet. I have called Dawson a number of times, Novak Warren and Heinie, all with no results. Heinie makes a sight for it, but they won't make it in any configuration other than the straight 8 night sights, and only with a big .155 rear notch. I'm not sure what else to do.

• 2 months later...

Nope, that's my bastardized Kimber front sight (which actually works pretty well). I just got a tracking number in my e-mail from Dawson, and my new sights will be here Friday. If the UPS guy shows up before I go into work at 4pm, you'll have pictures and possibly a range report.