Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM09-01 Six in Six Challenge

I shot this classifier stage a few weeks ago and got totally owned. The six second par time for Strings 2 and 3 is perfectly sufficient for every division to shoot all alphas. On the other hand, the six second par time on String 1 is what will separate the wheat from the chaff. With my current skills, I'll take six alpha and forgo the reload.

O.K. John, just had a go at the Cm09-01, no way I can get the second six off on first string. What I got was T1=6A,T2=6A,T3=4A+2C. Six shots not made.

Gave Cm09-02 a try as follows, T1=2A,T2=AC,T3=AC,T4=2A in 5.16sec, both of them shot with GP-100 and speedloader at minor PF. Don't know were it would put me, maybe inline with B class norms.

O.K. John, just had a go at the Cm09-01, no way I can get the second six off on first string. What I got was T1=6A,T2=6A,T3=4A+2C. Six shots not made.

Gave Cm09-02 a try as follows, T1=2A,T2=AC,T3=AC,T4=2A in 5.16sec, both of them shot with GP-100 and speedloader at minor PF. Don't know were it would put me, maybe inline with B class norms.

09-01 is fixed time. 100% will be 120 points. Assuming you're shooting major, 88 points divided by 120points = 73.3333

Good shootin', hopefully we will have data soon

09-01 is fixed time, your points minus penalties divided by 120 will equal your percentage, and yes that first string appears tough.

Thanks for that boz, that makes sense. I guess the only way to get a move up in revo would be to hit the reload and get a few more points than 90. 90 points (all Alpha for 18 rounds) will be a 75%, just making an "A" class run. I think 120 would be tough even for Jerry, 12 Alphas at 25 yards in 6 secs would truly be a world class run with a revo

Thanks for that boz, that makes sense. I guess the only way to get a move up in revo would be to hit the reload and get a few more points than 90. 90 points (all Alpha for 18 rounds) will be a 75%, just making an "A" class run. I think 120 would be tough even for Jerry, 12 Alphas at 25 yards in 6 secs would truly be a world class run with a revo

Still a great run for not shooting 6 rounds!!cheers.gif

I haven't shot this one yet but I'm not looking forward to that first string even with an open blaster.surprise.gif

Played with this one today a few times and my best was an 82 with a revo. Seems that if you get all 6 off in the 5.25-5.75 sec range the hits are ok. Still can't seem to hold all Alphas. 20 years ago I could do it, but not now, hate these aging eyes !!!

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some of these par time classifiers are a bit ridiculous. Do they really expect anyone shooting a revo to get 120 points? How about someone shooting Production, with no magwell, no optic, scoring minor, and a "disadvantaged" trigger? It's pretty obvious that some of these times were created with Open in mind and everyone else just falls into the cracks.

Anyway, I shot this today, and it was challenging for sure. I think this one is clever (despite the scoring...), because the first string is SO fast, and the second two are so slow. A lot of people took their time aiming on the first string and didn't even get past the first reload, then raced through the second two strings leaving a lot of time left on the timer that they could have used to get better hits. My basic advice is get as many accurate shots as possible the first string, but if you have to shoot a D in order to get a shot off before the timer beeps, well that one or two points is better than a no-penalty Mike.

For the second two strings take a deep breath and slow down - you have a lot more time than you think you do.

Some of these par time classifiers are a bit ridiculous. Do they really expect anyone shooting a revo to get 120 points?

Only if you're a high-end GM (regardless of division).

That's sorta how they determined the par times.

;)

Some of these par time classifiers are a bit ridiculous. Do they really expect anyone shooting a revo to get 120 points?

Only if you're a high-end GM (regardless of division).

That's sorta how they determined the par times.

;)

Yeah, except that the par time is the same for a revo as it is for an Open gun - it's not like the Open guys get six seconds to shoot 12 rounds with a reload at 25 yards and the revo guys get 9 seconds. So like I said, they expect 100% to be the same on these regardless of whether you're shooting revo or Open? For virtually any other classifier (that isn't on a par timer) they adjust the HHF for the division, but the par time classifiers seem to be "calibrated" to Open.

• 2 months later...

i actually really liked this classifier, but wish they scored it off of 100% and not off the par time (120points). i shoot production and honestly have trouble seeing even sevigny getting a perfect score.

• 2 years later...

Shot this one today -- my first USPSA match in over 10 years. It kicked my tail. I'm shooting a S&W Model 10 revolver with minor loads.

On the first string I got off 6 shots and didn't bother to try and reload.

On the second string I got all 6 shots off okay.

On the third string I got 5 out of 6 shots off before the timer went off and didn't want to risk over time penalty by taking 6th shot. Clearly I need to work on draw and transfer to weak hand.

My hits were 1-A, 1-B, 4-C for a whopping total of 20 points. I hope I don't see this one again anytime soon. :)

• 1 year later...

Shot this stage on Sunday and all I can say is WOW! It completely destroyed me! That par time is quick. As it turns out, only about 15-20 percent of ALL the shooters that day even put up a hit factor above zero. It was the first time I've seen a stage become an "ammo-waster" for 80 percent of everyone who shot it. Seriously, 80% of the entire field shot a zero percent! This type of stage confuses me a bit. It looks like it weeds out everyone who isn't a high A-class or better shooter. If most folks will zero this thing why do we have it as a classifier? Meaning, with all the zero's posted there is no stratification of different classes so shooters learn nothing other than I need to almost be a master to even put points on the board. Thoughts??

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...