Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotgun for wife

tracker

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife did not like the autoloader, too many moving parts. She shoots a 12ga beretta with an adjustableft but pad and a big kickeez pad on it. It was fitted to her, so the recoil is minimal. Also the load is as huge factor, I build her one once loads for all of her trap shooting. .. singles, handicap and doubles

• 2 months later...

When my wife wanted a shotgun for Sporting Clays I built her a Remington 1100 with a shorter stock, and a shorter, ported barrel, in 12 gauge. She had been shooting a Winchester 97 some with a 20" barrel and decided she wanted a 12 gauge instead of handicapping herself with a 20 gauge. The 1100 worked well for her, but we discovered she had a problem with clay targets that were moving (don't they all). we found out her master eye was her left eye, but she was so right handed she couldn't wipe her butt with her left hand. She was never able to become a really good shot with a shotgun. Rifles and handguns didn't cause any problems for her, but with a shotgun, fit is everything.. You can always buy 'feather lite' shotgun shells in 12 gauge for less recoil, you can also reload your own, and load them lighter if recoil is a problem.

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...