Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

135mm SV mags 38/9mm

Rye

I have 4 of the 135mm SV mags in 38s/9mm these are the very old mag body that is matte and not the shiny ones. I was wondering if it's possible for me to get at least 24 rounds in it. What set up should I do or what components do I need to achieve that. I am using it for an open pistol. Thanks in advance.

I live by the rule: if you need more than 20, use a big stick. Anytime you try and stuff more than 20 in you are asking for trouble, IME. I have had more than one mag turn into a salt shaker using big base pads. The rounds can get caught on the bottom of the tube and... :angry2:

That being said, Grams makes 11mm base pads that would probably, combined with his spring and follower, would get you in the ballpark of 24.

I got 22 rounds with 11mm grams base pads with grams spring and follower. It's not tuned but I don't know how to tune it anyways. It works great. Thanks John.

Rye: I appreciate the compliment and good to hear you have them running. Make sure when you load them with 22 rounds that the mags do not turn into a salt shaker with a round getting under the spring or jamming it. If the mag is working for you use them the way they are. Glad I could help. Thanks, Eric