Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 white dots IMPROVEMENT!

oxohhotxo

I am quited impressed with myself, I am not sure what made this happen, but.. I am glad it did. I ALWAYS hated the 3 white dots, and after shooting a while with them, I decided to get a fiber optic front sight, with the blacked out back sights. It took getting used to - but I loved it. I havent shot anything without a fiber optic front sight until this past weekend. And let me tell you, I shot the gun with the 3 white dots...getting consistant hits, and tight groups. I realize, that I defintley had a mental block when it came to the 3 white dots. I wasnt focusing before on the front sight, when I told myself and others constantly that I was focusing. I wasnt...obviously

So, I just wanted to put this story out there, I am pretty happy about it. Has this happened to anyone else?

I think my problem was seriously - not focusing on the front sight....now its so much easier. Maybe its a little bit of both my mental thought process of it and .... muscle memory? I know where the gun should be, where the sight should be? Maybe, I dont know. I am just happy that I am improving.

....Oh and I guess that practice didnt hurt either :cheers:

Im ready for the shooting season!

Perhaps it was the change that caused you to see the front sight better? I have noticed a different color fiber can do that too.

I think it all tied in together. I think I am just getting better overall. Which - is awesome :cheers:

Perhaps it was the change that caused you to see the front sight better? I have noticed a different color fiber can do that too.

I think it all tied in together. I think I am just getting better overall. Which - is awesome :cheers:

That is always fun.

A lot of times the "trick of the day" will allow you to notice something you have not been seeing.

I had a similar revelation recently. My old white dots had turned a greyish color over time and use. So lately I've been focusing more on the sight itself and not the dots. I recently cleaned them out and refilled them with some gloss white Testors Acrylic paint. And my shooting improved tremendously from it. I'm focusing on the front sight like I should, but with those dots to help my peripheral vision line everything up... It has been awesome.

I have been using a fiber optic front and black rear, but been trying black front and rear some. What I have noticed is that with the fiber optic I am thinking I have a good sight picture, but actually I am seeing the red of the fiber optic and it is not lined up with the rear, it is sitting above the rear notch. With the black on black (with the right opening in the rear notch)I am getting a better sight picture