Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trip to the Dairy Queen

Tom Mainus

Shooting the WIIT in Rockford today, had a stage that had you running back and forth on the big bay in the middle of the range. Come from the far left of the range, running to the right, set up to engage a popper with three bobbers, all goes well there, take off running to the left again, doing my re-load, have gun in right hand and I hook the barrel of the gun in the snow fence. Snow fence catches on the front sight, I was running to fast to stop and it pulled the gun right out my hand and onto the concrete floor. Had to be the worst sound ever of my 625 bouncing around on the concrete. Lesson to be learned, give yourself plenty of room with walls etc, never in a million years did I think something like that could happen.

Tom

Edited by Tom Mainus

I feel your pain. I have been to Dairy Queen before. (3DR). :angry2:

However, I have not dropped my firearm. (Yet). I have done just as bad. I dropped my Starret 6" Calipers once and it cost me almost as much to get them repaired than the cost of new ones. Since I work with them every day the ones I had were 20 years old and like new because of the way I treated them.

I first opened the thread and was all excited to read about guns and ice cream... I was suprised <_<

hope it all works out for you and the gun isn't too mucked up. If it runs fine, I would keep it. Game guns look amazing with scars, and every time you see it you will remember to avoid the snow fences ;)

I was in the squad.

It was the first time I ever heard a bunch of typical USPSA hotshots saying they were glad it was a revolver!

Could you imagine an open gun skittering around on the floor? Gave everybody the willies.

Don't know if I've ever seen a better sport about getting the DQ.

It so happened I ROed the same stages the next day of the match. I was glad of the cautionary tale we had to tell aspiring rocketeers... and one guy went ahead and got so close to the orange grabber that I could hardly see daylight between his 1911 muzzle and the wicker, all while we were going about a hundred mph. It wasn't gonna be good.