Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.22 conversion

RH45

I don't know if this is the proper place to post this but, I already have a "commander" sized, .22 conversion, sold by Wilson Combat, that works on several of my single stacks, but, won't fit on any of my 2011s.

One of our local, IDPA clubs are running a rimfire division, and as long as it doesn't violate any of the other IDPA rules, its good to go! (Must fit in IDPA box, 10 round limit, ect...)

Anyway, I'm torn between buying an STI, .22 conversion, or a Tactical Solutions. I believe the STI conversions were made by Advantage Arms, and they claim their conversions will shoot 1.7" at 50 yards, but, I've sent Tactical Solutions a couple of emails, and have yet to get a response.

Some of you guys must be running one of these. What are your experiences??

Thanks, in advance! :cheers:

I have a nice Wilson combat kit, and I just built it into it's own 22lr 1911. I used an ria lower and parts I had around, and it ended up costing about $100 to do it.

Then I had the fit and feel of a 1911 without needing to swap parts all the time.

This opinion means squat though if you really want to train with a double stack frame

I have a Tactical Solutions Unit, I just posted a topic with my review of it in this forum. Check it out, I myself after the results I got today at the range am very pleased with it for both accuracy and reliability. It's the best built conversion out there. It's a steel slide versus everyone elses aluminum slide. Aluminum will surely wear out much quicker riding on your steel frame. It has a slide lockback on the last shot, it also carries a lifetime warranty, whereas everyone else is only 2 year. It shoots under 1" 5 shot groups at 20yds of the bench with most ammo(likes 40gr bullets better than 36gr offerings) See my post to get my full opinion and how I tested it. I shot around 500 rounds today putting it through it's paces.

I have a Tactical Solutions Unit, I just posted a topic with my review of it in this forum. Check it out, I myself after the results I got today at the range am very pleased with it for both accuracy and reliability. It's the best built conversion out there. It's a steel slide versus everyone elses aluminum slide. Aluminum will surely wear out much quicker riding on your steel frame. It has a slide lockback on the last shot, it also carries a lifetime warranty, whereas everyone else is only 2 year. It shoots under 1" 5 shot groups at 20yds of the bench with most ammo(likes 40gr bullets better than 36gr offerings) See my post to get my full opinion and how I tested it. I shot around 500 rounds today putting it through it's paces.

That was pretty good timing! :cheers:

I don't know how I missed your post. :surprise:

I guess it was!!! I am very happy with the unit. If you get one you will be too. The reason this thing runs so well is the magazines. They are an aluminum machined mag designed around there unit and built with precision in mind. Only there mags will work with the unit. The drawback is the mags are $60 a piece at MidwayUSA, or $90 a piece from Tac Solutions direct.