Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tall 1911 sights for suppressor host?

Revopop

I'm strongly considering having a custom 2011 in 9mm built for a suppressor host. My inspiration was the Nighthawk AAC, but there's a few small things I don't like about it and for what it costs or maybe even a bit less I can get a full custom hi cap 2011 built exactly how I'd want it. I've started a dialogue with the gunsmith I'm probably gonna use (Matt Cheely), but the biggest problem we've run into so far is sights. The Nighthawk AAC has extra tall Heinie Straight 8 Ledge sights, and that'd be perfect except it seems that Heinie is only making them for Nighthawk. I'd like something tall, preferably night sights, and adjustability is a plus but not absolutely necessary.

Any suggestions?

Just for the sake of information in case somebody's searching for this later, the Heinie suppressor sights are available separately from Nighthawk. They're obscenely overpriced($180 a set) but they're pretty much the only game in town for this sort of thing so I suppose they can charge whatever they want.

In the grand scheme of things after the 1911, tax stamp, can and threaded barrel that's not too bad. They are nice to shoot with a can, I am still working on my 1911 but I have shot a few with them and they pretty much rock

• 2 weeks later...