Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oakley

BigDave

One of the largest local bike (pedal power) shops was having their spring blow out sale this weekend. Along with the sale, all sorts of factory reps were there pushing their stuff, like Polar, Giant, Trek, Cannondale, Saris, Yakima and Oakley. I ended up making conversation with the Oakley rep for about 20 minutes, talking mostly about shooting (and my desire to sell Oakley, but anyway). To make this short, he handed me a FREE pair of Persimmon lenses for the Half Jackets I had on my head. These typically retail for $35 a pair. Very cool. I said thank you and, in return, I bought the clear Strike lens for my M-Frames I had been putting off. To boot, the lens was 15% off (and for those who don't know, Oakley eyeware rarely goes on sale).

Today put the exclaimation point on why I am a Oakley customer. Outstanding products, outstanding service.

I love mine. I get them half off retail from a local source. I did break a pair of Zeros last year. I haven't sent them in for replacement yet. How are they on things like that? Wish I could get free sutff from them. Haven't been that lucky yet. TXAG

I am an Oakley dealer. Their products are great, customer (that is account) service is good, and the margines are very good. Oakley does dictate price to some extent, but as a dealer I can always work around it a little bit. If I had one complaint it would be their prices, to me and therefore to the customer. I'm not saying that their product isn't worth it, but it sure as heck makes you think about how badly you really need the glasses, or other Oakley item. I was going to try a pair of their boots, but even at dealer cost they are twice as expensive as the Magnums I usually wear. B)

By the way TX, my Oakley rep who just left the company after 12+ years received 1 (ONE) pair of free glasses during his entire time with the company. If you want to get free stuff out of Oakley it seems the only way is to get them to sponsor you, I.E. TGO.

texasag93 - I'll let you know how their service is. I have a warrenty claim on a pair of e-wires I just sent in. I'm also having the lenses in my Square Wires replaced and tuned up for $40. When I get them back, I'll let you know.

Guys, if you want cheap Oakleys talk to your local police buddy. They usually have a deal with them for 1/2 off retail. YOu might get your shades really cheap. Yes, please let me know how their service is. TXAG

Oakley's customer service is hit and miss! We wore the M-Frames for YEARS, and being tough on them, it ended up costing us as much as a new pair over the life of them for repairs.

The last pair I sent in came back with a note, we can't fix these, no longer carry them, we'll be glad to give you a $50 credit on them for a new pair.

The last pair I sent in came back with a note, we can't fix these, no longer carry them, we'll be glad to give you a $50 credit on them for a new pair.

Yeah, I got the same story with the last pair of mine that broke. <_<

-Chet

Yeah, I got the same story with the last pair of mine that broke. <_<

-Chet

Ditto

My old cycling team was sponsered by oakley for a long time. evry now and then one of our coaches would show up with a trunk full of oakleys for us to grab from.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Just got the glasses back today. My wife's A wire's were fixed under warrenty, no charge. The frame actually broke at the weld. My Square Wires look brand new. They have a $40 lens replacement (the olds were scratch badly from being in a jacket pocket over the course of 3 moves) and the frames were a bit out of shape. The $40 also includes a tune-up where they put everything back to spec and replace the Ear Socks. Anyway, and I can't tell any better, the lenses are new and I'm pretty sure the frame is also.

Bottom line: I am estatic!!!!! The turn around was right at 10 days and I have basically 2 new pairs of glasses for $40. A very nicely worded letter is in order and will be sent tomorrow thanking Oakley for their service.