Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rifle Limited and red dots

Vlad

So the Multi gun rules now allow an non-magnified optic in Limited. The thread we had hear a while ago about this contained area directors stating that this applied to all Limited in rifle only stuff as well. However the USPSA website shows the Multi gun rule book updated but the Rifle rule book is still the 2009 one with the "no optics" rule for Limited.

Do we have official word somewhere on this?

So I understand, I'm just curious if USPSA ever published anything actually saying so?

I'm glad Gary jumped in because you lost me when you asked for proof. :P

I think Vlad is a transplant from Missouri, "Show Me"!!! :devil:

Thanks for your kind words.

Gary

OK I think I have the answer. Since the Multi-Gun rules are provisional, we could modify them immediately. The Rifle rules however need a more formal review and when it concerns equipment can only be modified each 2 years. They will be under review soon.

So the answer is, no the single power optic is not legal on a stand alone USPSA rifle match at this time. I don't know of any reason that it will not be, but not at this time.

Gary

:cheers: I know the rules are still in revision, but any ideas when we are going to get something that we can use during a match. I am going to be putting on a couple of three gun matches this year at the double tap and would like to have something in writing to go by(you know slap the gamers with). I would appreciate any comments on what works and what doesn't. I am a novise when it comes to three gun, I love to shoot it but as for setting up and running a match not real clear. What scoring should I use and any links that would be helpful. :sight:

:cheers: I know the rules are still in revision, but any ideas when we are going to get something that we can use during a match. I am going to be putting on a couple of three gun matches this year at the double tap and would like to have something in writing to go by(you know slap the gamers with). I would appreciate any comments on what works and what doesn't. I am a novise when it comes to three gun, I love to shoot it but as for setting up and running a match not real clear. What scoring should I use and any links that would be helpful. :sight:

The Multi Gun rule book is available and has been in use for several years. It's still "Provisional" which has allowed us to make some changes like adding red dots in Limited. If you're running a USPSA rules Multigun Match, this is the book to use. If you want to run a Rilfe or Shotgun Only match then you would use the individual rifle or shotgun books.

Hopefully everything will be resolved this year.