Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75TS vs 2011

Nemesis Lead

28 minutes ago, akeefer said:

The TS probably will be more reliable. Easier to get tuned mags, not quite as much required to get it running good.

Thanks!

To me that is the most crucial part. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My shooting experience regarding 1911-2011 pistols are limited only at Colt, Para and Bull V Jet for under total number of 200 rounds. But I'd like much more CZ 75 TS due his better ergonomic grip and practical not muzzle moving in the time of recoil. And the trigger is more than awesome. I tried to wear TS one week as CCW........ no way/...... is to heavy and bulky for it. This is a dedicated competition pistol. In total I've put through both CZ 75 TS over 5.000 fmj factory rds without a single problem.

Now I sell it metal gun because, I like to have only one gun for fun shooting and SD .......... Glock 17 or 34.

If you are running minor, the TS is hard to beat in terms of reliability.  I have tinkered with mine a ton and throughout all of it, I have zero failures of any kind.  That's over 2,500 rounds in the last 8 months and I even threw a couple of rounds that wouldn't feed in my P11 and the TS fired them...accurately too.  I'm extremely impressed with how reliable and easy to work with this gun has been.  I came close to talking myself out of it at the beginning.  That would have been a mistake.

2 hours ago, Pistolpete9 said:

If you are running minor, the TS is hard to beat in terms of reliability.  I have tinkered with mine a ton and throughout all of it, I have zero failures of any kind.  That's over 2,500 rounds in the last 8 months and I even threw a couple of rounds that wouldn't feed in my P11 and the TS fired them...accurately too.  I'm extremely impressed with how reliable and easy to work with this gun has been.  I came close to talking myself out of it at the beginning.  That would have been a mistake.

Why the caveat? Do you think it's less reliable running major?

Not necessarily.  The .40 has been accused of beating up the slide stop a little more which I cannot speak to.  The pistol includes extra slide stops for just such a reason, so it's kind of no big deal to me.  The biggest reason I said that though isn't because the TS seems less reliable with running major, but that it seems most 2011's I have seen with my own eyes run better in major than in minor.  The guys with minor 2011's are pretty much the only guns I've seen choke much and they seem to always blame it on the mags.  Not trying to say that a 9mm 2011 is no good.  They still seem to run pretty solid most of the time, but they seem to be among the most finicky of platforms for 9mm.  Maybe my TS is a strange one, but I've never had ANY 9mm I own make it 3000 rounds in a row without at least 1 issue somewhere along the line, and I'm almost there on this gun.  I think my Beretta came the closest at around 2100.  Some of that is probably ammo luck, but I'm still impressed.

On 1/4/2017 at 6:54 AM, Uomu said:

I've had both Tanfoglio Xtreme Limited Custom and CZ 75 TS orange. I have a big hands and CZ fits better for me. TS orange is it thiner than old TS. Myself I've shoot better with Orange than Xtreme with its bull barrel.

We make holsters for these guys for competition.  This one went to a CZ factory team member. 

15621652_1468020843225884_196319613000654712_n.jpg

18 hours ago, Pistolpete9 said:

... The .40 has been accused of beating up the slide stop a little more which I cannot speak to ...

I've got over 25k on one ss. It wouldn't bother me if it was the only one I had to shoot nationals with. 

20 hours ago, Pistolpete9 said:

The guys with minor 2011's are pretty much the only guns I've seen choke much and they seem to always blame it on the mags.  Not trying to say that a 9mm 2011 is no good.  They still seem to run pretty solid most of the time, but they seem to be among the most finicky of platforms for 9mm.  

My experience exactly (2011 STI Eagle) , bought a Dawson mag tuning kit and that fixed the problem. 

Even with 40's I like to go through the mags with the tuning kit once per year. 

I buy Mecgar mags for my cz 75 for $25 shipped and they just work, with my 2011's it is like 60 - 100 for each mag depending upon what you choose and then they need tuned and many replace the springs & followers. Don't have any experience with TS mags.