Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

favorite IWB carry rig?

zipper046

+100

Comp-Tac MTAC for my G27 is awesome! Struggled for years with comfort and fit until I locked onto this little baby. The handwritten thank you note and candy tucked into the holster when it came was icing on the cake. Great company.

Rob

I loved my mtac til I took a pistol class with it. Reholstering sucks.

The M.T.A.C with the kydex holster portion?? With the kydex portion it always stays open...

The M.T.A.C with the kydex holster portion?? With the kydex portion it always stays open...

No, not really -- the leather back portion collapses into the kydex, forcing an awkward muzzle toward body, to reopen the holster top, movement that I'm not terribly comfortable with....

If you're thinking of the 100% kydex holster, you're thinking of the CTAC -- which like all polymer IWBs I've tried I found to be very uncomfortable.....

Yeah, what Nik said.

I prefer all kydex or all leather with metal or double leather reinforcement.

No, not really -- the leather back portion collapses into the kydex, forcing an awkward muzzle toward body, to reopen the holster top, movement that I'm not terribly comfortable with....

If you're thinking of the 100% kydex holster, you're thinking of the CTAC -- which like all polymer IWBs I've tried I found to be very uncomfortable.....

Nah, I have the MTAC but haven't had the issue you describe.......yet (I guess).

G23-CBST; G30-Shielded Holster

Both are comfortable (considering they are IWB) with wide clips to distribute weight, adjustable for height and cant, tuckable, and at prices that won't break the bank (especially the SH).

I've used Blade-Tech's IWB (for my G17, G19, and G21) and Nano (G34) for years, and have been highly pleased with them. Fit, function, comfort, accessibility, and reholstering have all been excellent. Mine are used for daily carry and competition (IDPA). Their integral sweat shield I find helpful particularly when reholstering.

Best, Jon

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting article in Front Sight. Now we can add the DC holster from Greg Purcell and the Workman from D and D gunleather...

There are just so many choices. I have a Mitch Rosen IWB I really like for my Springfield Champion. I have a Blackhawk IWB for my G26, and I hate it. How can a 1911 be so much more comfortable to wear than a baby Glock? But it is, the G26 just seems to poke me in all the wrong places.

This is a great thread, and has made the decision even more difficult. I am leaning toward the Crossbreed if only for the reason that they support Wednesday Night at the Range on the Outdoor Channel. I REALLY LIKE THE "Milt Sparks Executive Companion II", but do not think I have the patience to wait 22-30 weeks! This Blackhawk (while a very well made, versatile, and innovative design) is just not very comfortable for my body.

Thanks,

WG

Ps. anyone have an old M-Tac or Crossbreed they want to part with for a G26?

Skip that, just ordered a DC... http://dcholsters.com/index.htm I really liked the simplicity.

Edited by Wild Gene