Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

7 ~32 round field courses I put together yesterday

spanky

I want to start by saying these stages are derivatives and/or came from ideas that I got from looking at some stages on stageexchange. I can't really take credit for them but I did change them up a bit to give them my own little flair.

Right or Left

14 Metric, 4 Poppers

Starting in Box A, hands relaxed at sides. Handgun loaded and holstered.

nciy53tzcnq53boh3pm.png

Miracle Mile

15 Metric, 2 Poppers

Starting facing downrange, hands on XX's. Handgun loaded and holstered.

p2bt620nx5bmg3bn85fo.png

Down the Hall Too

12 Metric, 2 Poppers, 5 plates

Starting grasping door handle with strong hand, weak hand relaxed at side. Handgun loaded and holstered. PP2 activates swinger T7.

u1fatkw61e02z9ymnpn.png

It's a Circus

13 Metric, 2 poppers, 5 plates

Standing inside of shooting area with heels touching rear fault line. Handgun loaded and holstered.

1ud7qspg5xjz9myyx75w.png

Get Your Groove On

16 Metric

Standing outside of shooting area with toes touching rear fault line. Handgun loaded and holstered.

8iedy0oz0y3musesoa.png

Edited by spanky

Busy Busy

14 Metric, 2 Poppers

Standing inside of shooting area with heels touching rear fault line. Handgun loaded and holstered.

ihi62apmpjvkcdupen.png

I am iffy on the wording on this one so please correct/shorten/suggest alternatives:

Box Cars

12 Metric, 3 poppers, 5 plates

Standing inside of shooting area, unloaded handgun placed unsupported on either barrel with slide forward or cylinder closed and hammer down and one magazine or speed loader on opposite barrel. Upon signal shooter must load the handgun from the magazine or speed loader on the barrel then engage targets as visible from within the shooting area.

gtyv1w3ea4z4ttvf10m.png

Edited by spanky

Nice stages! I may have to borrow some ideas from them.

On "Get Your Groove On", how do you prevent shoot thru's from T5 and T12 from hitting T8-T9 and the no shoot? Or is T8-T9 and no shoot set much closer to the shooting area, or much further back from the shooting area?

I am iffy on the wording on this one so please correct/shorten/suggest alternatives:

Box Cars

Standing inside of shooting area, unloaded handgun placed unsupported on either barrel with slide forward or cylinder closed and hammer down and one magazine or speed loader on opposite barrel. Upon signal shooter must load the handgun from the magazine or speed loader on the barrel then engage targets as visible from within the shooting area.

If you leave it (one magazine or speed loader on opposite barrel) then the shooter doesnt have to use it, since you didnt say they had to. How about this.

Standing behind barrel b1 or b2, handgun is unloaded(rule8.1.3) on b1 or b2 with trigger guard centered on X, first loading device must come from opposite barrel.

The only problem I see is that if its madetory to use the first loading device and I drop it in the dirt do I still have to use it? At what point have I used the (first loading device must come from barrel)?

Box Cars

This may increase the level of difficulty but, how about:

Start position:

Standing inside shooting area. Unsupported unloaded (rule 8.1.3) hand gun on either barrel laying flat with trigger guard center on X. All loading devices to be used on this stage on the opposite barrel.

Stage Procedure:

On start signal, engage all targets as visible from within the shooting area.

With the closed up "It's a Circus", where can I engage the paper target between the star and the popper? It looks hidden by the wall separating the star and the popper? Is it visible by standing/leaning in the corner formed by the forward fault lines, and the 8 foot wall section downrange of the port?

Spanky...I really like the asymmetrical stages of Miracle Mile, Down the Hall Too, and It's a Circus, but not a big fan of symmetrical stages....granted they lay an even playing field for the southpaw shooters, or disadvantage the right hand shooters. But to me, stages that look the same left and right are just boring...IMO.

I'd like to use the others for local matches this year. Thanks for the ideas. :cheers:

Spanky...I really like the asymmetrical stages of Miracle Mile, Down the Hall Too, and It's a Circus, but not a big fan of symmetrical stages....granted they lay an even playing field for the southpaw shooters, or disadvantage the right hand shooters. But to me, stages that look the same left and right are just boring...IMO.

I'd like to use the others for local matches this year. Thanks for the ideas. :cheers:

Yeah, it's sort of hit and miss on asymmetrical versus symmetrical. i try to mix it up as much as possible

but how do symmetrical stages disadvantage rightys? <_<

Spanky, great work. The stages are pretty good.

Where do you suggest I start in learning to use sketchup?

Thanks man.

I made a tutorial video but it's rough (no notes or sound) but it should give you some ideas.

If you want a copy of my blank berm and props file, send me your e-mail in a PM.

Spanky, great work. The stages are pretty good.

Where do you suggest I start in learning to use sketchup?

Thanks man.

I made a tutorial video but it's rough (no notes or sound) but it should give you some ideas.

If you want a copy of my blank berm and props file, send me your e-mail in a PM.

I'll do that thanks!

Guess disadvantage was the wrong word...righty's are just not advantaged as they could be if you build an asymmetrical stage...since most folks are right handed, the MD's usually build stages fitting for RH shooters (that is if he/she is RH).

I really like the new "Right or Left" stage. I'll grab that one for sure. Good Job!

Guess disadvantage was the wrong word...righty's are just not advantaged as they could be if you build an asymmetrical stage...since most folks are right handed, the MD's usually build stages fitting for RH shooters (that is if he/she is RH).

I really like the new "Right or Left" stage. I'll grab that one for sure. Good Job!

I kind of assumed you meant that they lose their advantage.

Being a lefty, I wholeheartedly agree that most MDs build stages for right handed shooters. ;)

Edited by spanky