Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm CZ75B "Trigger Slap/Sting

1SOW

I was hoping someone here might have some experience with a much discussed problem on the CZ forum.

Three different people with CZ 9mm DA/SA 75Bs are saying that just as the shot breaks the trigger slaps their finger hard enough to sting after a few shots.

Several types of ammo were used, all were either new or recently purchased little used guns, one guy was an experienced pistol shooter. Happens in DA & SA.

As a "guess" it was suggested that the Firing Pin Interrupt might be the source of the problem.

Any thoughts or experience with this problem?

Thanks for any suggestions I can pass on.

Newer CZ's have a thinner trigger with a different curve (this trigger is known as 'recurve'). This trigger feel different and when the trigger resets, the thin side hits the finger and some of us don't like this feeling.

I sure don't and I have replaced the trigger with that from a older pre-B type. CZcustom sells a trigger that mimics the looks (and feel) of the old trigger: http://czcustom.com/CZ85Combattrigger.aspx

Edited by pevadijk

These guys with the problem are saying the trigger is actually snapping 'forward' slightly to hit the trigger finger. One of the guys put on the 85 trigger and nothing changed. The reset doesn't or shouldn't cause a hit from behind the trigger.

I shoot the 9mm 75B, and even when factory new and after a lot of changes, there was never any forced movement of the trigger forward or backwards.

Edited by 1SOW

I bought a new 75B in 2004 and it did this, but I was using some slightly hot Barnaul ammo. I don't know the cause, but the problem seemed to go away after a while. I'm sure if you asked Angus on the CZ Forum, he could tell you. I'll see what my czource says next time I talk to him.

These guys with the problem are saying the trigger is actually snapping 'forward' slightly to hit the trigger finger. One of the guys put on the 85 trigger and nothing changed. The reset doesn't or shouldn't cause a hit from behind the trigger.

I shoot the 9mm 75B, and even when factory new and after a lot of changes, there was never any forced movement of the trigger forward or backwards.

I got bite once but it was from 177 pf ammo lol.

Check finger position if they run it low or something weird.I seen someone ask about it once and it was their finger position on a classic trigger. Can you see one of the guns in person ? What is it like with dryfire? Dryfire, hold trigger, and rapidly cycle slide? While slowly cycle slide?

Check finger position if they run it low or something weird.I seen someone ask about it once and it was their finger position on a classic trigger. Can you see one of the guns in person ? What is it like with dryfire? Dryfire, hold trigger, and rapidly cycle slide? While slowly cycle slide?

When asked: they said it happens ONLY when fired--DA OR SA, tried different TF locations, different ammos, one guy changed to the CZ 85 trigger and still happened.

I asked the same questions except "hold trigger" back after firing. I'll pass that on, but does that relate the problem to the reset?

beats me.

only thing i can think of is maybe a rough finish on the trigger, trigger finger, gun bouncing around from weak grip, gingerly handling the trigger, very weak recoil spring... i'm really digging the bottom of the barrel here?

how about trying a bill drill and see if it stings with every shot?

check the trigger bar for unusual marks? maybe the slide slaps the ears a weird way on the return?

it's tough to trouble shoot weird ones like these from a distance

beats me.

only thing i can think of is maybe a rough finish on the trigger, trigger finger, gun bouncing around from weak grip, gingerly handling the trigger, very weak recoil spring... i'm really digging the bottom of the barrel here?

how about trying a bill drill and see if it stings with every shot?

check the trigger bar for unusual marks? maybe the slide slaps the ears a weird way on the return?

it's tough to trouble shoot weird ones like these from a distance

Roger that! I don't have any problem with mine, but this on got me curious. As to trigger finish, if it had a piece of broken glass in it, the only force on it should be the pull and the trigger return spring. What can 'kick' it forward enough to be irritating? Frustrating.

once this guy was like, i changed all my parts from my sp-01 to my shadow to keep my mink trigger. he spent hours trying to figure out why it wouldn't fire. everything worked but the firing pin wasn't hitting the primer. FPB was working right, and FPB was lifting with the pull of the trigger. so i walked up, pulled the trigger once, and said, "your hammer is hitting the back of your rear sight". took all of 5 seconds. sometimes all it takes is a second pair of eyes. troubleshooting something like that online? fuggetaboutit. :surprise:

I think I met that guy. :D

A friend loading his first 9MM MAJOR used a case full of Silhouette, and got the same bite.

Edited by 1SOW

I have a CZ-75 SA that has been converted to DA/SA. It is OK for me but when my wife shoots it she says it stings her trigger finger. I think it has something to do with hand shape or size. There's another brand of gun (I forget what)that does the same thing for some people.

Bill Nesbitt:

I have a CZ-75 SA that has been converted to DA/SA. It is OK for me but when my wife shoots it she says it stings her trigger finger. I think it has something to do with hand shape or size.

You're being punished for what you did to the 75SA. :devil: I think that may relate to burningsquirrels comment to try, " holding the trigger back" after firing. Maybe it's somehow related to riding the trigger to the reset. Does it sting your wife's finger if she holds it back after firing?

burningsquirrels: Been to Georgia. I like peee-cans and Georgia's ladies, but no.

yeah, i dunno. could be bouncing around funny in their hands? i really can't tell from across the interwebs. :(

maybe look up that video of todd jarrett on pistol shooting for them?

One of them said it doesn't 'sting' when the trigger is held all the way back. It stings during the reset.

Maybe something is slapping/bumping the trigger linkage just as it resets, but what?

Slide/Sear to hammer to the trigger linkage?

Edited by 1SOW

look under the removed slide. maybe while cycling something is rubbing or catching the trigger bar ears as it goes forward, chambering the next round. check that the trigger bar lift spring is providing correct pressure and not excess pressure?

i assume this is both DA and SA? does it happen in DA?

in that case it makes me think something is happening during the cycling of the slide... the only thing i can think of that can make the trigger bounce is the slide smacking the trigger bar ears in a funky way... or back to the gingerly grip/trigger finger thought. :scratchhead:

I suggested they remove the slide and make sure there's no burr or rough spot in the TB spring groove; and to watch the spring as the hammer is pulled back, -released slowly -and dropped from full cock, also to lightly put a finger on the trigger bar while pulling the trigger back to hammer drop and riding the trigger back though the reset point.

If it's the slide bumping the TB, I can't think of a way to 'see/know' what's causing it other than a visual inspection of the possible friction points.

Edited by 1SOW

also the disconnector might have a rough spot or be a tad bum, that can knock the trigger bar around a bit too, as the hammer falls

man this is really all :????: lol

None of these guns'actions have been smoothed or polished....

A lottery winning number may be easier to 'guess'.

Edited by 1SOW