Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Table top blasting cabinet

Pat Miles

I have decided that a table top media blast cabinet is my next Christmas present to myself. Understand that in my world every day is Christmas. Do any of you folks have any suggestions on brands to buy and brands to avoid. I want a small table top unit to blast slides, frames, etc.. Small so it can be stashed out of the way when not needed.

Pat

Pat,

I have a DeeBlast cabinet. It works just fine. Frankly, I think most of them use the same gun, so the brand really isn't critical. The big question is, how big is your compressor? I have a 6HP, 60 gallon compressor, and a sandblaster will make you wait for the compressor to catch up.

Oh yeah....you can buy small cabinets from MSC or McMaster Carr.

Edited by Dan Sierpina

I realize the compressor is the key but there are some good and some bad cabinets out there. Getting into a good one to begin with is important. Yeah, I'm going to have to upgrade my compressor also and this is a good reason to do so. As far as a table top cabinet, I just don't have any more available real estate in my one car shop. As it is now I've got 10 pounds of stuff in a 5 pound bag.

Pat

Item # 5527K27 from McMaster-Carr worked well for a a bench top and was pretty decent quality. I'll moan about compressor capacity, because not having enough air sucks if you care about time or consistency. I now have a 10HP 3 phase rotary screw compressor and 160 gallons of tank. I have plenty of air now, but remember how frustrating it was not having an adequate air supply for blasting.