Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard several people got found with over-length +1 and +2 basepads on 170mm tubes. On stage 7 almost anybody that had one used a big stick up front, so if it looked remotely suspicious the scorekeeper would pick it up and slap it in his handy mag gauge while following the shooter.

I believe their gauge was 171mm and not 171.25 like USPSA's, but I'm thinking the offenders were probably out by more than 0.25mm anyway

I also thought it was a zero and not DQ for invalid equipment (like shooting a 124 PF), but I have no idea if EZWS can handle that.

That's not a DQ!!!!!!

From what I overheard from an RO discussion, shooting with a magazine that doesn't fit in the 170mm guage is not technically a DQ, but since there is no division where that equipment is legal he cannot shoot for score. Therefore his scores are not present in the results at all.

Bummer!

vincents right... how depressing - i was a little mad at how that RO (not naming names) picked me out first before anybody else - and then called the other RO's as loud as he possibly could - to try and catch attention...

Tyson went and measured the gauge - which was a little forgiving @ 171 mm i think, but mine still didn't pass - i really didn't know it was over 170mm - i accepted the "non-dq" and shot my final stage... I felt that I shouldn't have been 'dqed' because I used that magazine on only one stage - so a reshoot could have been my best outcome... worse comes to worse - a DQ... just my luck.

umm yeah - that stage 6, i was surprised as well - 141 points @ 8.01 sec... soo 17.6 hf i think - too bad i can't even see it on the results for proof <_<

I respected Tyson for doing everything he can - but still that RO ... never said a word to me after that instant... and i calculated my scores... looked like i was gonna end up 4th overall open right after Travis.

But I'm not letting this get me down - I'm gonna work hard for the area matches and nationals... seems like space city likes to hate me since I've been shooting it.

thanks everyone though for cheering me up - til next time

umm yeah - that stage 6, i was surprised as well - 141 points @ 8.01 sec... soo 17.6 hf i think - too bad i can't even see it on the results for proof <_<

I saw it... I'll testify on your behalf. :D

Well on brighter note, my wife had load of fun. (Loved being on Squad 8) I still wish I could have been there but now I no why God didn't open up the door for me. I had to put my Mom in the Hospital Friday night. She doing a lot better and should be going home soon!

Now back to Tracy and her match! She was extremely happy with most of her shooting except for running the gun dry on every stage which cost a bunch of time. She still ended up 108 over all and 53 in open with a BIG ZERO on stage 3. Had to be the one with the most points!!! Next time she won't be so focused on the mover and run past the 5 targets on her LEFT. She made it though 5 of the 7 stages with no mikes and a total of 11 d's the whole match. We have been working a ton on her pulling the shots and it paid off. Lots of A's, now we can move her speed up! Well I hope we make it to the Lady Smith this next weekend but we just have to see how my Mom is doing. See most of you all at AREA 4!!

:blink:

I made it out of my first major match without injury (well, almost... I need a higher SPF sunblock!)  :D 

:blink: I thought having a tan was mandatory for residency in Texas? ;)

I'm really liking IPSC/USPSA!

Hmmm....who would'a thunk it? :)

I like your attitude Lee. ;) we all know you was not trying to gain any advantage by using the longer mag/pad. A lot of us would have never thought to measure our magazines for legal lenght (when we buy new pads, it should be legal, as long :D as it is not touching the ground.

I bet alot of people are measuring their "BIg StiK" :P after the match. "Length does not matter, it's how you use it???"

:D Congrats to Jeeper. He designed the stage and built the props, for the best stage at the match , and he GOT 1ST in B Lim, Good Show . Winning A lim at Area 4 is Next ? at least I expect him to Place High in A class.

Mike P won C Rev and Jeeper did beat him , my appologies for doubting him. The Senior squad 4 was a good Squad to be in.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have the stage results from the 2004 Space City Challenge?

Thanks in advance,

-Chet

EDIT: Oops. I found them. They're included in the division results.

Edited by DJPoLo